ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[Opinion] Lack of response from applicant shared in Oireachtas

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nala2021
Greece

[Opinion] Lack of response from applicant shared in Oireachtas

Post by Nala2021 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:44 pm

I saw the following response from the Department of Justice to a question in Oireachtas (question No 131 on 26/01/2022):

"Officials from the Citizenship Division of my Department contacted the person referred to by the Deputy in January 2021, seeking further documents. To date, there has been no response to this request. To progress their application, they should now submit a full colour copy of their national passport which must be certified by a solicitor, commissioner for oaths or notary public. Upon receipt of this, the application will be processed further."

It is not the first time that the Department of Justice refer to lack of response from applicants during the processing of their applications. Obviously such lack of response from the applicants leads to their applications being idle in the system and directly affecting (a) the backlog, and (b) the reported average of processing time.

meself2
Ireland

Re: [Opinion] Lack of response from applicant shared in Oireachtas

Post by meself2 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:59 pm

If they escalated the question as much as to go to his TD, I'd expect they would know if he needs to do something. Given they allow 28 days or so to submit the documents, the reply was sent during Christmas time an who knows what happened in transit. Maybe the issue is in the process of receiving of mail/emails as well?
For example, I'm worried DoJ might send stuff to my email and won't get it correct (my handwriting is not the best and that's on me). Wouldn't it be nice to make applicants acknowledge the recipient of their mail if it's done online and, if no such response is received, send him a reg mail packet?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Post by OneWorld2122 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:53 pm

Exactly like meeself2 mentioned that the applicant reached to TD to get their application status, it’s hard to understand has applicant not ever contacted directly to the department in 1 year on application status and wasn’t he told about further documents ??

I’m worried, what about other such applications and how many are there like this waiting for documents from Applicant and applicant not even aware?

Nala2021 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:44 pm
I saw the following response from the Department of Justice to a question in Oireachtas (question No 131 on 26/01/2022):

"Officials from the Citizenship Division of my Department contacted the person referred to by the Deputy in January 2021, seeking further documents. To date, there has been no response to this request. To progress their application, they should now submit a full colour copy of their national passport which must be certified by a solicitor, commissioner for oaths or notary public. Upon receipt of this, the application will be processed further."

It is not the first time that the Department of Justice refer to lack of response from applicants during the processing of their applications. Obviously such lack of response from the applicants leads to their applications being idle in the system and directly affecting (a) the backlog, and (b) the reported average of processing time.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:12 am

Nala2021 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:44 pm

Two points I would like to mention here. First one is, as answer to that question "To progress their application, they should now submit a full colour copy of their national passport which must be certified by a solicitor, commissioner for oaths or notary public. Upon receipt of this, the application will be processed further." Does that mean they are asking for this document from old applicants as well (pre-2022 applications). If that's the case, then it means they will ask for same colored passport copies from 2021 applicants also.

Second point, I don't know how their system works but I assume there is X amount of applications each ISD worker needs to work on at same time (as things doesn't work in real time). So even thou there are idle applicants I don't think it has impact on processing of other applications. The real problem here is waiting answer between departments. As in when ISD requests Vetting from Garda, their request will be waiting for quiet some time, and when Garda send this result back then it will be waiting on ISD side again. And I don't know if they care about solving that problem.

And I guess majority of the communication (required documents from applicant) is done by post and that's why you need to keep your address up to date. So I wouldn't worry about missing some email bcs of bad handwriting. As long as your Eir code is correct in your application then they will reach you via post.