ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to extend previous PBS dependent visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

katuhriina
Newly Registered
Philippines

How to extend previous PBS dependent visa

Post by katuhriina » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:46 pm

I am inquiring about an immigration case which is my husband's. He came to the UK last July 28 2017 on a tier 2 dependent visa which we then renewed last 2018. Before his tier 2 dep visa expired, I managed to renew it under the govt's free visa extension for healthcare workers. Because of this, his PBS dependent leave to remain status got extended until this coming 6/Mar/22. Now that his leave is expiring, I am confused as to how to extend his visa. I cannot find the option for the tier 2 dep visa extension because it takes me to the skilled worker route or the health and care visa route. I've tried filling out the form for the skilled worker route however it requires a COS for him which he doesn't have because he came here as my dependent. Also, another issue is he will be qualifying for ILR status this July 2022 because that will mark his 5 yrs stay in the UK.

I am so confused and at the same time frustrated that my family's visa cases have been very complicated. The gov.uk website is not very straightforward and a mistake on the forms you use could mean you get denied and the money won't be refunded hence I would really appreciate your input.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: How to extend previous PBS dependent visa

Post by manci » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:03 pm

Is your health and care visa also expiring on 6 March?

Read the section on health and care workers' partners:
https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-v ... 0dependant
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice