ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied 31st August 2021 - From Stamp 2 to Stamp 1G - Online GNIB Renewal Dublin

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Waiting for months
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Applied 31st August 2021 - From Stamp 2 to Stamp 1G - Online GNIB Renewal Dublin

Post by Waiting for months » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:27 pm

Hi Everyone I'm writing on behalf of my partner.

She applied for this back on the 31st August 2021 we are now on 31st January 2022, will it expire before we get the renewed one?

She did not receive a confirmation email, the money was paid to the department. Also she has not been asked to send additional documentation.

We have heard that other people have not received the confirmation emails too.

We are worried as it's taking so long. She paid the 300 euros. But we have heard nothing anything from anyone. We have called the immigration phone number on Google but that is no help. They just say they are a switchboard and don't deal with the GNIB Renewal. A bit pointless having a phone service if it doesn't do anything helpful.

Lastly does anyone know if we can apply in a different county? (Whilst living in Dublin?)

- Waiting for Months..

meself2
Ireland

Re: Applied 31st August 2021 - From Stamp 2 to Stamp 1G - Online GNIB Renewal Dublin

Post by meself2 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:35 pm

This is weird. Did you try logging in via this jahs system and checking out what's the status? Did they give 300 euro back, as they do when denial is made?
When is her old stamp's end date, September 30th?

Lack of response is concerning. Both of my renewals that were denied took two months and a bit, so such a long wait is surprising.

As you have to apply in person if in a different county, I think they'll just check your paperwork and be like "you're in Dublin", since they'll need an address to send permit back anyway, but who knows.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Applied 31st August 2021 - From Stamp 2 to Stamp 1G - Online GNIB Renewal Dublin

Post by littlerr » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:43 pm

Stamp 2 to 1G takes just a couple of weeks, if everything is in order.

And no you cannot apply from outside of Dublin, but you can go into INIS’s office in Burgh Quay and demand an investigation. There might be a system glitch that prevented your application from being registered properly. What is the status of your application on the online portal?

Waiting for months
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Waiting for months » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:26 am

meself2 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:35 pm
This is weird. Did you try logging in via this jahs system and checking out what's the status? Did they give 300 euro back, as they do when denial is made?
When is her old stamp's end date, September 30th?

Lack of response is concerning. Both of my renewals that were denied took two months and a bit, so such a long wait is surprising.

As you have to apply in person if in a different county, I think they'll just check your paperwork and be like "you're in Dublin", since they'll need an address to send permit back anyway, but who knows.
Thanks for the reply.

We have checked multiple times each day. Everytime it's the same status (Submitted) There are no requests for additional documents. They have not given the 300 euros back. Her old stamps date is the 30th of September.

It is a massive concern, we have both been living through it since August. It's very demorilizing. We have heard from other people who are in the same situation as us. They applied back July and still haven't got their card. Or even a confirmation email.

In terms of the living in Dublin, Hypothetically speaking could you use a relatives address from a different county?

This morning we finally got a response from their customer service email stating that it is taking up to 9 working weeks for them to process the application. But we checked and 9 weeks would only get as far as Octobe 2021.

Waiting for months
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Waiting for months » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:29 am

littlerr wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:43 pm

And no you cannot apply from outside of Dublin, but you can go into INIS’s office in Burgh Quay and demand an investigation. There might be a system glitch that prevented your application from being registered properly. What is the status of your application on the online portal?
This is what we were expecting. Everything was in order, We've checked the application hundreds of times to see if there was anything amiss but its all correct.

We have tried to visit the INIS office but they just deny entry as we don't have an appointment. The status is submitted and it's been like that since we submitted it.

Using their help services is like talking to a wall.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:40 am

Waiting for months wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:29 am
littlerr wrote:

This is what we were expecting. Everything was in order, We've checked the application hundreds of times to see if there was anything amiss but its all correct.

We have tried to visit the INIS office but they just deny entry as we don't have an appointment. The status is submitted and it's been like that since we submitted it.

Did you lodge any tickets by emailing to immigrationsupport@justice.ie? They claim to give you an answer in 3 weeks I think.
You might also want to try and send a query to Unit 2 (unit2residencedivision@justice.ie) as they are listed under "Change the permission stamp" section on ISD forums. Last time I emailed them they responded that same day (saying they can't help me, but that was at least some form of response).
Unit 1 (unit1residencedivision@justice.ie) is listed as a point of contact for permissions in relation to study, but I sent them a query almost 3 weeks ago, no response since, so not sure what's their timeline.
Take a look at the page I mentioned above anyway and email to units applicable.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Waiting for months
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Waiting for months » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:02 am

meself2 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:40 am
littlerr wrote:

Did you lodge any tickets by emailing to immigrationsupport@justice.ie? They claim to give you an answer in 3 weeks I think.
You might also want to try and send a query to Unit 2 (unit2residencedivision@justice.ie) as they are listed under "Change the permission stamp" section on ISD forums. Last time I emailed them they responded that same day (saying they can't help me, but that was at least some form of response).
Unit 1 (unit1residencedivision@justice.ie) is listed as a point of contact for permissions in relation to study, but I sent them a query almost 3 weeks ago, no response since, so not sure what's their timeline.
Take a look at the page I mentioned above anyway and email to units applicable.
We have lodged tickets, When we called the phone number on Google they said we shouldn't keep lodging tickets as they restart each time we do (go to the back of the queue) We haven't received a reply from immigrationsupport@justice.ie.

I haven't heard of the Unit 2 (unit2residencedivision@justice.ie so we will give that a try too. Thank you there's a few more emails that we can get in contact with. It's difficult, we just want a straight answer but no one is giving us one.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:33 pm

They will deny you entry initially because you don’t have an appointment. That’s how they turn down most people who just want to jump the queue.

You will then need to tell them that you want to see a senior officer. Then you would just have to persuade them and tell them there is a system glitch and you haven’t been able to get renewed in 5 months.

Based on other threads here, you should try visiting there early in the morning when tickets are being issued. There are multiple successful stories here, although there is truly no guarantee. Good luck.

Anonymous wolf
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by Anonymous wolf » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:18 am

I was going through this thread and noticed you mentioned that if one can go to the Burgh office early you have a chance of entering for registration?

Can one register for the first time outside Dublin if your address is within Dublin?

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:38 pm

Anonymous wolf wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:18 am
Can one register for the first time outside Dublin if your address is within Dublin?
No

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:25 pm

Anonymous wolf wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:18 am
I was going through this thread and noticed you mentioned that if one can go to the Burgh office early you have a chance of entering for registration?
In this case it's an attempt to renew the online registration which just fell through the system of some sort, so this person can neither book a first time appointment (it isn't one) nor sort this out without involving someone from ISD. Doubt you can just come up and get an appointment if that your usual first-time registration, to be honest.

Anonymous wolf
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by Anonymous wolf » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:44 pm

I got an appointment for some date in June. However I was hoping to get one that is earlier.
Was just wondering if I could have it registered early outside Dublin?

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Fri May 06, 2022 1:53 am

littlerr wrote:

Same here.

Did you try to register a second time. Maybe start a fresh application..i know paying 300 is no good but you might get oreg reference email ?