ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my brother come though me(Irish Citizenship) to Ireland for work/stay?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alexlandd
Newly Registered
India

Can my brother come though me(Irish Citizenship) to Ireland for work/stay?

Post by Alexlandd » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:47 pm

Hello,

I have been in Ireland working since past 8 years, I obtained the Irish citizenship recently. I had my younger brother living with me who is 30 years now, he had graduated last year but was in India most of the time after graduation as due to the pandemic, a lot of problems occurred at my home in India and we lost both our parents. My brother's stay ended last year and is currently back in India. He is my real brother(blood brother) and I wanted to check if he can come to Ireland though me and apply for work/stay here.

Any information is appreciated. if further any information is required please do let me know.

Thank you.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Can my brother come though me(Irish Citizenship) to Ireland for work/stay?

Post by meself2 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:25 pm

Don't see any way for him to move here which is linked to you specifically.
You can, of course, give him advice on how to find work and so on, but that would be a usual general/critical skills work permit route.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:51 pm

Even now that you are an Irish citizen, your brother would still be classed as a non-EU and non-EEA adult individual, and does not have an automatic right to join you. I think that if your brother is classed as an adult dependent, then he may be able to apply as a permitted family member of an EEA national. I am not sure about visas etc.

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Post by OneWorld2122 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:23 pm

You said, he was in India after graduation and was living with you earlier - I assume he is graduated from Ireland - doesn’t he has study visa ( stamp 2 - I guess) valid for 2 years after graduation ?

Cannot he come on that visa and stay with you and also search for job to apply for CSEP or look for further study and study visa to upskill - just a thought.

Alexlandd wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:47 pm
Hello,

I have been in Ireland working since past 8 years, I obtained the Irish citizenship recently. I had my younger brother living with me who is 30 years now, he had graduated last year but was in India most of the time after graduation as due to the pandemic, a lot of problems occurred at my home in India and we lost both our parents. My brother's stay ended last year and is currently back in India. He is my real brother(blood brother) and I wanted to check if he can come to Ireland though me and apply for work/stay here.

Any information is appreciated. if further any information is required please do let me know.

Thank you.

Alexlandd
Newly Registered
India

Post by Alexlandd » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:35 pm

Thank you everyone, sorry for the late reply, I had forgotten password and the password reset mail was not working.

Anyways yeah I had talked to others about it and it seems that was the case, I still wanted to check though.

I actually meant to say 2020 graduation not last year, yes 2 years for job finding was there but that is the thing, He was back home most of the time, a lot of life changing events happened in this time and I feel really bad cos my brother did so much for the masters but he lost most of the time back home dealing with a lot. I just wanted to check what can I do from my part, but is is what it is.

Appreciate all replies, Thank you.

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:48 am

Hey,

There is another option. I don't know if it fit your personal situation.
You can establish business as an Irish Citizen and support your brother with a work permit.
This is very costly and crazy if the target is only to bring Him to Ireland.
But this should be good if there will be a real family business where He can do a revenue.