ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name changed after getting British Passport now applying for fresh oci

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Prisha
Mood:
India

Name changed after getting British Passport now applying for fresh oci

Post by Prisha » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:46 am

Hi all

Hope you are doing well!

I moved to uk on tier 2general dependent visa after marriage. I never changed my surname after marriage so my indian passport and all the visa , visa extensions always held my pre marriage surname. Later I wanted to change my name but no easier way untill I get British passport so last year after getting my British passport I changed my surname and middle name and took my husband's name and surname.

Now I am applying for OCI with my daughter and my appointment is on Monday 7th at London- Gosewell center

I have few questions:
1. As my name is different to what appears on my daughter's birth certificate ( she is born in India with Indian birth certificate) will it cause any issue?

2. Do I need to write any letter explaining name change and submit at appointment center?

3 My surrender certificate and indian passport has old surname, also I have cancelled british passport as well with old name should I submit that as well?

4. Pay slips are ok as an employment proof or they need letter specially for an employment proof

5. Our council tax bill has my old name on it we have updated name there but still have not got recent council tax with new surname. Can I still submit that as an address proof?

Please your guidance is helpful and appriciated.

Thanks in advance.