ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony in Edinburgh

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stegio80
United Kingdom

Citizenship Ceremony in Edinburgh

Post by stegio80 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:19 pm

Hello,
Has anyone had their citizenship ceremony here in Edinburgh recently? How long does it take for the Council to reply after the applicant has sent their ceremony booking form completed by email?
I've noticed it's only possible to leave a message on the voicemail. There is no nobody picking up the phone.
Many thanks

gabbiamaya
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Re: Citizenship Ceremony in Edinburgh

Post by gabbiamaya » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:44 pm

Hi,

I'm in the same process and have waited over the 10 day response period with no luck. Please keep me updated if you hear back at all, kind of relying on this ceremony happening soon as possible!

stegio80
United Kingdom

Post by stegio80 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:04 pm

gabbiamaya wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:44 pm
Hi,

I'm in the same process and have waited over the 10 day response period with no luck. Please keep me updated if you hear back at all, kind of relying on this ceremony happening soon as possible!
Hello
I waited for a week and then called. They had somehow forgot to send me an invitation. That is what I was told. I was given an invitation for April.
I would really suggest calling.

tharmia81
India

Post by tharmia81 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:46 pm

stegio80 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:04 pm
gabbiamaya wrote:
Hi,

Hello
I waited for a week and then called. They had somehow forgot to send me an invitation. That is what I was told. I was given an invitation for April.
Have you completed your citizenship ceremony?

stegio80
United Kingdom

Post by stegio80 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:55 pm

tharmia81 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:46 pm
stegio80 wrote:
gabbiamaya wrote:
Hi,

Hello
Yes, I had my ceremony last week. You?

tharmia81
India

Post by tharmia81 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:23 pm

stegio80 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:55 pm
tharmia81 wrote:
stegio80 wrote:
gabbiamaya wrote:
Hi,

Hello

Thanks for the information.
Not for me, its for my wife. Today she received Naturalization approval email from home office and then we emailed Edinburgh council for the ceremony. Do you have any idea about the next date for the ceremony? is there a private ceremony available?

stegio80
United Kingdom

Post by stegio80 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:28 pm

tharmia81 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:23 pm
stegio80 wrote:
tharmia81 wrote:
stegio80 wrote:
gabbiamaya wrote:
Hi,

Hello

Not for me, its for my wife. Today she received Naturalization approval email from home office and then we emailed Edinburgh council for the ceremony. Do you have any idea about the next date for the ceremony? is there a private ceremony available?
I don't think they offer individual private ceremonies. Ours was private but group one.
It is hard to say when the next one is. At the time when I sent my form, there was a long back long. I waited more than two months.
I would suggest giving them a call. In my case they forgot my application and only after calling I was given a date.

tharmia81
India

Post by tharmia81 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:11 pm

stegio80 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:28 pm
tharmia81 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:23 pm
stegio80 wrote:
tharmia81 wrote:
stegio80 wrote:
gabbiamaya wrote:
Hi,

Hello

I don't think they offer individual private ceremonies. Ours was private but group one.
It is hard to say when the next one is. At the time when I sent my form, there was a long back long. I waited more than two months.
I would suggest giving them a call. In my case they forgot my application and only after calling I was given a date.
I will call them and check