ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My wife visa was refused due to signature discrepancies between our marriage certificate and my wife passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

solarasaq123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

My wife visa was refused due to signature discrepancies between our marriage certificate and my wife passport

Post by solarasaq123 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:30 pm

Hi expert here,

Please, my wife Visa of EUSS family permit was refused yesterday due to small difference in signature in the marriage certificate and her passport, the case worker note says " I note that your signature as signed in your passport does not match that which has been signed on the marriage certificate, you have provided no explanation for such a discrepancy, as such I cannot be satisfied that the marriage certificate was in fact signed by yourself, therefore, give this discrepancy I cannot be satisfied that you have signed the marriage certificate and that you are the spouse of your sponsor as claimed"

As anyone faced this before, or anyone advice on what to do to proof is my wife that signed the marriage certificate or explanation to give so that they can grant her visa. there isn't any other point, only this issue.

We want to appeal, one of the things we are thinking is to write a letter to explain that when she signed the passport it was electronic screen signed which makes it ticker but the marriage certificate signature was with pen.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Many thanks
Sola.

Haider81
Pakistan

Re: My wife visa was refused due to signature discrepancies between our marriage certificate and my wife passport

Post by Haider81 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:05 pm

Ohh sad :( I think there is no need to submit nikah nama as supporting document, u should submit just nadra marriage registration certificate attested by UC, on MRC there is no signature of bride and groom just there details is mentioned.
Can you please tell me about time frame of your application. After how many days you get decision?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: My wife visa was refused due to signature discrepancies between our marriage certificate and my wife passport

Post by TODMATT » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:03 pm

solarasaq123 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:30 pm
Hi expert here,

Please, my wife Visa of EUSS family permit was refused yesterday due to small difference in signature in the marriage certificate and her passport, the case worker note says " I note that your signature as signed in your passport does not match that which has been signed on the marriage certificate, you have provided no explanation for such a discrepancy, as such I cannot be satisfied that the marriage certificate was in fact signed by yourself, therefore, give this discrepancy I cannot be satisfied that you have signed the marriage certificate and that you are the spouse of your sponsor as claimed"

As anyone faced this before, or anyone advice on what to do to proof is my wife that signed the marriage certificate or explanation to give so that they can grant her visa. there isn't any other point, only this issue.

We want to appeal, one of the things we are thinking is to write a letter to explain that when she signed the passport it was electronic screen signed which makes it ticker but the marriage certificate signature was with pen.

Many thanks
Sola.
Appealing is going to be a lengthy process so you are better off reapplying and provide explanations for the reasons.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

solarasaq123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by solarasaq123 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:12 am

Haider81 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:05 pm
Ohh sad :( I think there is no need to submit nikah nama as supporting document, u should submit just nadra marriage registration certificate attested by UC, on MRC there is no signature of bride and groom just there details is mentioned.
Can you please tell me about time frame of your application. After how many days you get decision?
We have to submit the marriage certificate, what is UC, marriage was done in Nigeria.

The application took 4months.
Thanks

solarasaq123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by solarasaq123 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:19 am

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:03 pm

Yes you are right TODMATT , but we think if we re-apply they might see another issue with the application and refuse it again, even if we explain the reason for the small difference in the signatures., i think is better to appeal it even if is going to take awhile. just need to argue the signature difference.

Thanks
solarasaq123 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:30 pm
Hi expert here,

Many thanks
Sola.
Appealing is going to be a lengthy process so you are better off reapplying and provide explanations for the reasons.