ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship / Separation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajveer25
Newly Registered
India

Citizenship / Separation

Post by rajveer25 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:11 am

hi all, i am spouse of Irish national , recently i also got my Irish citizenship and i got my Irish passport now, I am not having a good relationship with my wife from last 2 years , just 2 weeks ago i completely Separated from my Irish wife ,do i still need to inform the department of Justice about Separation from my Irish spouse,or not?
separation from my wife can effect my citizenship?
i would really appreciate if someone could answer it.
thanks

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Citizenship / Separation

Post by Vorona » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:16 pm

No. Only if your wife or somebody else reports on you that you have not been living together then there will be a problem.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:57 pm

You have received your Irish citizenship, and your passport, correct? This is now giving you a separate status, which is one of an Irish citizen. Why would separating or divorcing your partner have an effect on that? So, everyone and anyone who became an Irish citizen via marriage to an Irish spouse needs to stay with that partner for the rest of their life in fear of having their citizenship revoked? Your citizenship will be affected by the revocation statute in the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956, just like all the others.

Jumbo Breakfast Role
Newly Registered
Isle of Man

Post by Jumbo Breakfast Role » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:54 am

rajveer25 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:11 am
hi all, i am spouse of Irish national , recently i also got my Irish citizenship and i got my Irish passport now, I am not having a good relationship with my wife from last 2 years , just 2 weeks ago i completely Separated from my Irish wife ,do i still need to inform the department of Justice about Separation from my Irish spouse,or not?
separation from my wife can effect my citizenship?
i would really appreciate if someone could answer it.
thanks
No

The only possible reason that you might have any contact with the Department of Justice regarding your immigration is if your wife made a complaint and claimed sham marriage. That obviously is unlikely to happen. Your dealings with Justice are over. You are now a citizen

Hopefully your issues with your wife can be resolved amicably , whether by separation/divorce or reconciliation