ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

irish resident score :70pts.-- 1). One of …. P 60 / Employment Detail Summary / Notice of Assessments

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ttowners
Newly Registered
Ireland

irish resident score :70pts.-- 1). One of …. P 60 / Employment Detail Summary / Notice of Assessments

Post by ttowners » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:21 pm

Does anyone know what does this mean for a spouse of EU citizen who doesnt work and wants to apply to be citizenship by naturalisation ?

If my wife apply and she doesnt work, however she share tax credit with me since she's married to me and registered as an "Ordinarily resident and domiciled in Ireland"?

Does that means she could still get 70pts when providing her "Employment Detail Summary" ?

I can see from her Revenue account, when we check on her "Employment Detail Summary" a pdf would be issue and this will say spouse and it'll show details of my employer on it.

and also...

* LPT.. the place is in both of our names in the deed, however LPT was paid by my account.
* TV license.. the bill only say my name, and paid using my account also (i tried to ask them to add more name but they wont.)

would she be able to uses those for her points?
thanks

Nala2021
Greece

Re: irish resident score :70pts.-- 1). One of …. P 60 / Employment Detail Summary / Notice of Assessments

Post by Nala2021 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:54 pm

Does your wife have a bank account? If yes, then she can use this instead of the governmental employment letter etc.

In fact, this is what a non working spouse has - the Notice of assessments and other governmental paperwork, that says 'spouse' on it. Under these circumstances, unless otherwise stated, INIS should accept this type of paperwork in order to satisfy #1 under proof of residence in the excel sheet.

I don't know what you mean by registered as 'Ordinarily resident and domiciled in Ireland'. You do not mention if your wife is non-EU, which would allude that this has to do with stamps etc. Whatever paperwork you may have regarding the residence status of your wife, especially since she is not working, it would be of benefit to include along with an affidavit to bring the whole situation together.

The LPT, since she doesn't work (and you have to explain that in the affidavit), is reasonable that it doesn't come out of her account (if she has one).

I assume if you are paying LPT that you have a mortgage? Is her name on that document?

Try to change the TV license to her name if that is possible with the caveat that it will still be being paid from your account as you have the funds. Again, you will have to explain this in an affidavit.

ttowners
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: irish resident score :70pts.-- 1). One of …. P 60 / Employment Detail Summary / Notice of Assessments

Post by ttowners » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:27 pm

Nala2021 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:54 pm
Does your wife have a bank account? If yes, then she can use this instead of the governmental employment letter etc.

In fact, this is what a non working spouse has - the Notice of assessments and other governmental paperwork, that says 'spouse' on it. Under these circumstances, unless otherwise stated, INIS should accept this type of paperwork in order to satisfy #1 under proof of residence in the excel sheet.

I don't know what you mean by registered as 'Ordinarily resident and domiciled in Ireland'. You do not mention if your wife is non-EU, which would allude that this has to do with stamps etc. Whatever paperwork you may have regarding the residence status of your wife, especially since she is not working, it would be of benefit to include along with an affidavit to bring the whole situation together.

The LPT, since she doesn't work (and you have to explain that in the affidavit), is reasonable that it doesn't come out of her account (if she has one).

I assume if you are paying LPT that you have a mortgage? Is her name on that document?

Try to change the TV license to her name if that is possible with the caveat that it will still be being paid from your account as you have the funds. Again, you will have to explain this in an affidavit.

Thanks for your reply,

- we were thinking if this "governmental employment letter" can not be use then we'll have to find other ways to find more points... so far without this "letter" she can almost get 145points per year... but with this, she'll sure have over 150points without worrying...

- yes wife have a bank account, and is using it to add up the points already ...
her 1st year does not have a continue of 6 month transactions or has more then 3 pos transaction per month until later year. and for the last year... there was 1 month with no spending while she was giving birth to my son.. (we have send request to hospital for the record.)

- shes a non-eu holding Stamp4 EUFAM and then article 50. the reason why she does work is because we have a child in 2018 and another one in 2021, plus the covid... which make it not possible to go to work.

- 3rd resident year we brought a house over cash, no mortgage because with my salary below 25k i cant get any.. and we started to live there.. so that year we dont have PRTB or 12 month Mortgage statement but we have a title of deeds in both of our names, so this can proof her part ownership of the LPT right.

and she didnt see doctor this year since covid we avoid going out..

TV License .. by the time they reply to say both of our name can not be on the license its already too late, the guy say the name can only be change within a month when payment was made..

so a "affidavit" is more then a cover letter right? or its a cover letter? sorry i'm very bad at these terms...
thanks

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:20 am

ttowners wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:27 pm
Nala2021 wrote:

Thanks for your reply,

- we were thinking if this "governmental employment letter" can not be use then we'll have to find other ways to find more points... so far without this "letter" she can almost get 145points per year... but with this, she'll sure have over 150points without worrying...

- yes wife have a bank account, and is using it to add up the points already ...
her 1st year does not have a continue of 6 month transactions or has more then 3 pos transaction per month until later year. and for the last year... there was 1 month with no spending while she was giving birth to my son.. (we have send request to hospital for the record.)

- shes a non-eu holding Stamp4 EUFAM and then article 50. the reason why she does work is because we have a child in 2018 and another one in 2021, plus the covid... which make it not possible to go to work.

- 3rd resident year we brought a house over cash, no mortgage because with my salary below 25k i cant get any.. and we started to live there.. so that year we dont have PRTB or 12 month Mortgage statement but we have a title of deeds in both of our names, so this can proof her part ownership of the LPT right.

TV License .. by the time they reply to say both of our name can not be on the license its already too late, the guy say the name can only be change within a month when payment was made..

so a "affidavit" is more then a cover letter right? or its a cover letter? sorry i'm very bad at these terms...
thanks
- I would personally put in the employment letter anyway, as if you do not reach 150 points, the department should intervene to communicate over the points you are ‘missing’. In any case, this letter brings the whole application together, and shows context as well as the financial means your wife is dependent upon.

-In the 1st year, why doesn’t your wife have 6 continuous months of MINIMUM 3 POS transactions per month? (I don’t know when you first came to the Republic of Ireland). If there is a reason, you can find it and also explain she was dependent on you.

-From the birth of your first child (2018) you should have a child benefit payment, so she can have welfare statements from 2018 onwards.

-I think you’re correct about the housing situation from the 3rd year onwards, it’s cash, you have the deeds, her name is on the deeds, and you can link that to the LPT.

-For the TV license, that person who advised you was not correct. If you look at the terms and conditions of the TV license, you can see this : ‘You can change your personal details in relation to your TV Licence when...at any time during the year of the validity of your TV Licence provided you have your PIN and TV Reference number.
You can change it at any time, as long as your account is valid. This is the link I am referring to:

https://www.tvlicence.ie/home/terms-and-conditions.html

Use it to get it in her name, it will help her.

An affidavit is a sworn statement in front of a solicitor, or a commissioner of oaths. I have always done mine in front of a solicitor. It is more than a cover letter as they verify the legitimacy of your claim.

I hope all this helps, and best of luck with everything.

ttowners
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ttowners » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:49 am

Nala2021 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:20 am
ttowners wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:27 pm
Nala2021 wrote:

Thanks for your reply,

thanks
- I would personally put in the employment letter anyway, as if you do not reach 150 points, the department should intervene to communicate over the points you are ‘missing’. In any case, this letter brings the whole application together, and shows context as well as the financial means your wife is dependent upon.

-In the 1st year, why doesn’t your wife have 6 continuous months of MINIMUM 3 POS transactions per month? (I don’t know when you first came to the Republic of Ireland). If there is a reason, you can find it and also explain she was dependent on you.

-From the birth of your first child (2018) you should have a child benefit payment, so she can have welfare statements from 2018 onwards.

-I think you’re correct about the housing situation from the 3rd year onwards, it’s cash, you have the deeds, her name is on the deeds, and you can link that to the LPT.

-For the TV license, that person who advised you was not correct. If you look at the terms and conditions of the TV license, you can see this : ‘You can change your personal details in relation to your TV Licence when...at any time during the year of the validity of your TV Licence provided you have your PIN and TV Reference number.
You can change it at any time, as long as your account is valid. This is the link I am referring to:

https://www.tvlicence.ie/home/terms-and-conditions.html

Use it to get it in her name, it will help her.

An affidavit is a sworn statement in front of a solicitor, or a commissioner of oaths. I have always done mine in front of a solicitor. It is more than a cover letter as they verify the legitimacy of your claim.

I hope all this helps, and best of luck with everything.

Thanks this very clear up my mind.

- thanks, i will include one for every year.

- actually we landed in AUG 2016, apply on SEP 2016 temp stamp4 approved Oct 2016. so PRTB is not enough for 6 month in 2016.

.. Bank acc didnt get open until Jun 2017(when her actual 5 yrs stamp 4 approved).. and she doesnt spend much when the rent is sky high so wanted to save money.. so "6 continuous months of MINIMUM 3 POS transactions per month" was not possible.. and i cant see it in the bank statement until late 2018..

- welfare statements will be included for all the year since she work a short while in 2016 - 2017, child born 2018 so child benefit will cover onwards

- TV license.. I've tried to change it on the website many time but it doesnt get updated in the backend, so i went and email that email, the guy from the other end said that.. at that time i didnt know it would be needed so badly.. so didnt bother to continue ..

- affidavit . thanks .. let me find more information on this. will use this as a cover letter... since will need someone to sign other document anyway so may as well ask them to sign one more..

Thanks again Nala!