ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake on application form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zoltan_the_conqueror
Newly Registered
Ireland

Mistake on application form

Post by zoltan_the_conqueror » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:47 am

Hello,

Realised that I'd made a mistake when completing my wife's citizenship form, I used two referees who are related. I was somewhat distracted during this part of the application and submitted it without realising the error; only caught it when I was preparing the forms for the referees to sign.

I tried calling the immigration department but just went around in circles, it doesn't appear that the application can be amended at this stage.

She has her UKVCAS appt next week, so in the meantime I got a second (unrelated) referee to complete the form, uploaded that together with a cover letter with the referee's information and an explanation of the error.

In the opinion of the group, should this be enough to rectify the situation - or would we forfeit our application fee and be forced to apply again?

Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Mistake on application form

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:32 pm

This should be ok as you are explaining the oversight - applicant don't get refused over a referee mix-up.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

zoltan_the_conqueror
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Mistake on application form

Post by zoltan_the_conqueror » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:32 pm

Thanks - I think you're right, we'll see!