ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graduate Route

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

entpbrao
Newly Registered

Graduate Route

Post by entpbrao » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:09 pm

We as a family applied together for graduate route and I paid full IHS during online application. For family members partial IHS was paid as a process and in 4th week recd a mail for top up but for husband, still no top up mail received and we are in 6th week. Is there any delay in processing home office applications now? did anyone had this experience? Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Graduate Route

Post by sah10406 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:13 pm

It is hard to understand what you mean.

So some dependants have been contacted to pay a top-up of IHS, but some have not? Why did any of them only pay a partial IHS anyway?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

entpbrao
Newly Registered

Post by entpbrao » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:05 pm

Hi,

Application process has been designed as such. Everyone in the family for graduate route dependent pay full IHS fee on receipt of top up mail, only main applicant pays full ihs at the time of application submission. For my husband, only half of first year is paid and most with GR dependents have experienced this.

Is there any general delay in processing at this point of time?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:23 pm

entpbrao wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:05 pm
Application process has been designed as such. Everyone in the family for graduate route dependent pay full IHS fee on receipt of top up mail, only main applicant pays full ihs at the time of application submission. For my husband, only half of first year is paid and most with GR dependents have experienced this.
It's not deliberately designed that way. It's a workaround because of the badly-worded question about the expiry date of the main applicant's visa. It should be asking how long is the visa they are applying for, not the visa they already have. If you answer with a date 2 years in the future, it will charge the correct IHS of £1248. If you put the end date of their current Student visa, it charges £0 or only half a year's worth and they will need to send a follow-up.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.