ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employer - Stamp 1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klick02
Newly Registered
Ireland

Change of Employer - Stamp 1

Post by klick02 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:19 pm

Hello, Asking for a friend. He came to Ireland for masters and later got a job as Accountant here. Spent the first 20 months in the company on stamp 1g, which later got converted to stamp 1 (critical work permit). He left the job after completing 12 month on stamp 1 with this company in December, and has now got another job with same skills and pay.
But cannot start with them asap, until he gets issued new stamp 1. Waiting time for it is 5 months, which the new company is unwilling to wait for.
Now, is there a provision to request for a letter from DJEI or ISD, which can act as a temporary work permit, until his new stamp 1 is being processed, or can he go back to stamp 1g to use his remaining 4 months.
Has anyone been in a similar situation and do you have any suggestions?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Change of Employer - Stamp 1

Post by meself2 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:52 pm

Don't think he can go back to 1g, as he had it and used it to find work and you also need to apply from Stamp 2 to get it.
Can't remember of a way to stay in the country and search for work temporarily, unless he was made redundant (so it wasn't his personal choice to leave).
Might've been better off working for another year for stamp 4 considering current waiting times, but, well, what's done is done.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

stuckinlimbo
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by stuckinlimbo » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:30 pm

Hi,

I am stuck in a similar situation waiting for my Stamp 4. I have applied for a Stamp 4 using the support letter received. Since the office is experiencing very high delays, my application has not been processed yet.
I have resigned and am waiting to join the next employer. Now they have been constantly asking me for the Stamp 4 IRP in order to complete the joining formalities. The temporary extension applies to people in this situation but is getting very hard to convince the Irish employers.

Can I ask how your friend got around this or is he still trying to figure things out?

Some useful links provided by the govt here:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/ur ... 2V00x98&e=

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/ur ... IoKAj2E&e=
(7. I am waiting for an appointment for my first-time registration and I need proof of my permission to remain to enable me to take up employment. What should I do?)

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:00 pm

stuckinlimbo wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:30 pm
Hi,

I am stuck in a similar situation waiting for my Stamp 4. I have applied for a Stamp 4 using the support letter received. Since the office is experiencing very high delays, my application has not been processed yet.
I have resigned and am waiting to join the next employer. Now they have been constantly asking me for the Stamp 4 IRP in order to complete the joining formalities. The temporary extension applies to people in this situation but is getting very hard to convince the Irish employers.

Can I ask how your friend got around this or is he still trying to figure things out?

Some useful links provided by the govt here:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/ur ... 2V00x98&e=

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/ur ... IoKAj2E&e=
(7. I am waiting for an appointment for my first-time registration and I need proof of my permission to remain to enable me to take up employment. What should I do?)
Till you have IRP card with Stamp 4 on it, you are not officially Stamp 4 holder and I don't think you can start with your new employer, you should wait. Temporary extension extends the current IRP with current permissions, whatever you have on your IRP card now (probably stamp 1) is extended till May 2022.