ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor Visa - Refusal letter - Incorrect details

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

detritus
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK Visitor Visa - Refusal letter - Incorrect details

Post by detritus » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:59 am

Hi there

Here is a strange mistake/error/issue on the side of the immigration office (caseworker or computer error?) that I'm not sure how to redress.

Applied in mid-December 2021 for a standard UK Visitor Visa.
Received the email notification of the decision (refusal) in mid-January 2022.
The email address was of course correct, the applicant's name was correct on the refusal letter but information within the "REASONS FOR REFUSAL" section very obviously pertain to someone else entirely and not the applicant in question.

This, of course, raises the question of whether the entire application was assessed using someone else's set of documents and perhaps the decision is wrong entirely? Or did the mixup occur just with the details put into the refusal letter?

Either way the mistake is completely on their side but as usual it is us that lose out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a kind of appendix to this, I have called the UKVI helpline for general immigration enquiries (0300 790 6268 - 70p per minute!) 3 times:
  1. Explained that the information in the refusal letter is for the wrong person.
    Helpdesk staff raised an 'escalation' of the issue to another team.
    No enquiry reference number given.
    Response received the next day - Email containing a copy of the same PDF document (different filename but same content)
  2. Explained that the PDF document is the same and still wrong.
    Was told the issue was being escalated to the "Croyden team" and expect a response within 15 days.
    Enquiry reference number given.
    No response after 16 working days.
  3. Explained the history of these calls and requested an update.
    Helpdesk staff raised yet another 'escalation' but was advised that once a visa application is decided the case is closed and it will not be revisited. (Basically: forget about the problem and just try the application again - time and money are all infinite resources of course!)
    New enquiry reference number.
    (Currently waiting another 15 working days for a response...)
This helpdesk is really just to get help finding/understanding information that is available on the gov.uk website. In my case there has been a very clear mistake on the side of the immigration office, so I am not seeking general information, I just need to inform them of their error and (assuming the refusal decision is the 'real' one) obtain the correct reasons for the refusal, without which it is impossible to address the reasons in any subsequent application attempt.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UK Visitor Visa - Refusal letter - Incorrect details

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:45 am

detritus wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:59 am
Hi there

Here is a strange mistake/error/issue on the side of the immigration office (caseworker or computer error?) that I'm not sure how to redress.

Applied in mid-December 2021 for a standard UK Visitor Visa.
Received the email notification of the decision (refusal) in mid-January 2022.
The email address was of course correct, the applicant's name was correct on the refusal letter but information within the "REASONS FOR REFUSAL" section very obviously pertain to someone else entirely and not the applicant in question.

This, of course, raises the question of whether the entire application was assessed using someone else's set of documents and perhaps the decision is wrong entirely? Or did the mixup occur just with the details put into the refusal letter?

Either way the mistake is completely on their side but as usual it is us that lose out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a kind of appendix to this, I have called the UKVI helpline for general immigration enquiries (0300 790 6268 - 70p per minute!) 3 times:
  1. Explained that the information in the refusal letter is for the wrong person.
    Helpdesk staff raised an 'escalation' of the issue to another team.
    No enquiry reference number given.
    Response received the next day - Email containing a copy of the same PDF document (different filename but same content)
  2. Explained that the PDF document is the same and still wrong.
    Was told the issue was being escalated to the "Croyden team" and expect a response within 15 days.
    Enquiry reference number given.
    No response after 16 working days.
  3. Explained the history of these calls and requested an update.
    Helpdesk staff raised yet another 'escalation' but was advised that once a visa application is decided the case is closed and it will not be revisited. (Basically: forget about the problem and just try the application again - time and money are all infinite resources of course!)
    New enquiry reference number.
    (Currently waiting another 15 working days for a response...)
This helpdesk is really just to get help finding/understanding information that is available on the gov.uk website. In my case there has been a very clear mistake on the side of the immigration office, so I am not seeking general information, I just need to inform them of their error and (assuming the refusal decision is the 'real' one) obtain the correct reasons for the refusal, without which it is impossible to address the reasons in any subsequent application attempt.
That is the hassle with the outsourced call centre and the limitless waiting time when you get attended to. And of course no right of appeal or AR for visit visa.