ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can FLR FP 10 yr route be changed to 5 yr route?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

teejaysmart
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Can FLR FP 10 yr route be changed to 5 yr route?

Post by teejaysmart » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:53 pm

Hello house,
I have a 10 yr route FLR FP based on my British-born child and not partner route. I am currently on the second 2.5yrs. Can I switch to 5 yr route? if so, how do I do it please.

Regards

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Can FLR FP 10 yr route be changed to 5 yr route?

Post by TODMATT » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:46 pm

teejaysmart wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:53 pm
Hello house,
I have a 10 yr route FLR FP based on my British-born child and not partner route. I am currently on the second 2.5yrs. Can I switch to 5 yr route? if so, how do I do it please.

Regards
Yes, you can do that provided you can satisfy the requirement.

See Appendix FM

Relationship requirements
E-LTRPT.2.2. The child of the applicant must be-

(a) under the age of 18 years at the date of application, or where the child has turned 18 years of age since the applicant was first granted entry clearance or leave to remain as a parent under this Appendix, must not have formed an independent family unit or be leading an independent life;
(b) living in the UK; and
(c) a British Citizen, settled in the UK, or in the UK with limited leave under Appendix EU in accordance with paragraph GEN.1.3.(d); or
(d) has lived in the UK continuously for at least the 7 years immediately preceding the date of application and paragraph EX.1. applies.
E-LTRPT.2.3. Either-

(a) the applicant must have sole parental responsibility for the child or the child normally lives with the applicant and not their other parent (who is a British Citizen, settled in the UK, or in the UK with limited leave under Appendix EU in accordance with paragraph GEN.1.3.(d)), and the applicant must not be eligible to apply for leave to remain as a partner under this Appendix; or
(b) the parent or carer with whom the child normally lives must be-
(i) a British Citizen in the UK, settled in the UK, or in the UK with limited leave under Appendix EU in accordance with paragraph GEN.1.3.(d).;
(ii) not the partner of the applicant (which here includes a person who has been in a relationship with the applicant for less than two years prior to the date of application); and
(iii) the applicant must not be eligible to apply for leave to remain as a partner under this Appendix.
E-LTRPT.2.4.

(a) The applicant must provide evidence that they have either-
(i) sole parental responsibility for the child, or that the child normally lives with them; or
(ii) direct access (in person) to the child, as agreed with the parent or carer with whom the child normally lives or as ordered by a court in the UK; and
(b) The applicant must provide evidence that they are taking, and intend to continue to take, an active role in the child’s upbringing.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

teejaysmart
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Can FLR FP 10 yr route be changed to 5 yr route?

Post by teejaysmart » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:22 pm

Thank you 😊