ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMPO lost foreign passports

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oliviapsu
Newly Registered

HMPO lost foreign passports

Post by oliviapsu » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:40 pm

Hello, we have just applied for my husbands British passport. Several weeks ago we sent in his foreign passports and naturalization certificate. According to Royal Mail was delivered, and this was confirmed on the HMPO website saying "documents received." Well, today we got an email stating that they need his foreign passports in order to process (nothing said about naturalization certificate so I assume they have this). I'll paste the exact wording below. Looks like they have somehow lost his passport in the last 10 days. Anyone heard of this? I have read a lot about other peoples docs go missing AFTER approval, but not before. I am so annoyed. I have called the advice line and they have flagged for this to be looked into. Man said that if there was an issue with the envelope arriving open we should have been notified. So, pretty sure it's somewhere in their building. (Getting his passport renewed by the foreign country will be a nightmare as he has no documentation saying he can live here legally in the UK... had to send back BRP and dont have UK passport yet!) Anyone heard of this happening, must not be a first.

Thank you for your passport application. For us to continue with the application, please send us:
• your foreign passport(s) including any on which you are included. If these are not available please explain why in writing.
We need this because:
• it wasn’t received with your application and we can’t process the application without it.