ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum permission to work

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Math10
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Asylum permission to work

Post by Math10 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:09 am

Hi..my case is pending for almost 4 years. I did further submissions last year in July 2021. I’m asylum seeker and DV survivor as well. I have a daughter from a father which has leave to remain in the UK. We’re under Social service regarding DV history. Recently, I got permission to work in Beginning February this year. How it’s gonna get impacted to my decision? The home office aware my decision is outstanding but they can’t give me the timeframe (that’s what my solicitor informed me).

I’m under SOL restrictions in my work permit. I was teacher in my back home country but seems from the list I’m not qualified to teach.

Does anyone here can point me what should I do next to be fit with SOL. I’m thinking to find a scholarship in UNI with subject social work. Please help me. Thank you

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: Asylum permission to work

Post by prs » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:31 am

Math10
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by Math10 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:52 pm

This is different from what my solicitor gave me:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ation-list

Please guide me. If teaching assistant is included then I would be so grateful.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:36 am

This seems to be an appendix/addendum to a call for evidence by the Migration Advisory Committee, which makes recommendations to the Home Secretary. It does not have any immigration standing unless the Home Office accepts those recommendations, in which case. it would appear in the official Shortage Occupation List .
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by prs » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:55 am

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:36 am
This seems to be an appendix/addendum to a call for evidence by the Migration Advisory Committee, which makes recommendations to the Home Secretary. It does not have any immigration standing unless the Home Office accepts those recommendations, in which case. it would appear in the official Shortage Occupation List .
Fair enough.

Math10
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by Math10 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:59 pm

It means I can’t find a job straight away..is there any chance to get free course or scholarship to university?