ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years Parent visit visa passport expiry question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

5 years Parent visit visa passport expiry question

Post by naveediiqbal » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:27 pm

Hi All, I need some guidance related to passport expiry when applying for 5 years visit visa for my parents, their passport is expiring in December (10 months from now). Please advise me if we need any longer validity to apply for a 5 years visit visa.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: 5 years Parent visit visa passport expiry question

Post by ywlgy » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:33 pm

No need. The 5y visa if granted will still be valid when the passport expires. They just need to carry both old and new passports when entering the UK.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Re: 5 years Parent visit visa passport expiry question

Post by naveediiqbal » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:38 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:33 pm
No need. The 5y visa if granted will still be valid when the passport expires. They just need to carry both old and new passports when entering the UK.
Thank you for quick response.