ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have settled status, Do I need to replace my brp

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aownnaqvi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

I have settled status, Do I need to replace my brp

Post by Aownnaqvi » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:59 pm

Hi all
I got settled status 08 June 2021, I'm going to apply Citizenship this year on 08 June 2022, my previous brp is valid until April 2023, my question is do I need to get new brp replacement before applying citizenship or I can go with old one

alterhase58
Germany

Re: I have settled status, Do I need to replace my brp

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:34 am

No - your card is still valid.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Aownnaqvi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Aownnaqvi » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:47 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:34 am
No - your card is still valid.
Thanks for replying
Actually I got spouse visa in April 2018, my brp is valid until April 2023
When I applied for settled status home office didn't issued me new brp I'm keep using my 2018 brp till now so I was worried maybe I need EUSS brp for citizen ship
Please guide me, it will be great help thanks

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:29 am

What you absolutely need, is Settled Status, which by default is digital for everyone.

If you want a physical document that proves that you have that status while you wait for your citizenship (because your employer or landlords struggle to see your digital status online, which sometimes happens) then you can apply to have an updated BRC with the words "Settled Status" on it.

But such a physical document is not necessary to apply for citizenship. The application will ask you details of your current BRC, but you can use the one you have. It will also ask you for details of your Settled Status, and you can give your 16 digit reference number for that.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.