ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS and Children Citizenship

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vnsarvind

IELTS and Children Citizenship

Post by vnsarvind » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:42 pm

Hi,
I will be eligible for ILR in June 2022. My questions are below:

1- I have IELTS for UKVI which I passed in April 2017 for my Tier-2 General Visa. I read that IELTS for UKVI are valid for only 2 years, so is this score invalid in April 2019 ? Can't I use it now for ILR application in June 2022 ?

2- My child born in India and till June 2021, he was dependent on my wife's Tier-2 ICT visa. Now he is dependent on me from July 2021. If I am getting ILR in June 2022, is he directly eligible for British Citizenship or he needs to be dependent on me for 5 years (July 2021 to July 2026), before getting citizenship ?

Thanks.

secret.simon

Re: IELTS and Children Citizenship

Post by secret.simon » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:13 pm

Try not mixing up two unrelated questions.

Create a separate thread for the child's citizenship query in the British Citizenship forum. Also see this thread for more information on that topic.

The general rule-of-thumb for children born abroad is that they will have the same immigration status as that of the less-privileged parent. So the child will be a dependent if the other parent is a dependent and can apply for ILR along with the second parent.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.