ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change Council for Citizenship Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Singh_harv
India

Change Council for Citizenship Ceremony

Post by Singh_harv » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:07 am

Hi,

Does anyone know what is the procedure of changing council for citizenship ceremony?

I contacted the council mentioned in the application but they are not doing ceremonies anymore. So have to find another nearest council who is doing ceremonies . How do I contact home office to change?

secret.simon

Re: Change Council for Citizenship Ceremony

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:46 pm

Is it that the council has a waiting list for ceremonies or that they have ceased doing ceremonies for a period of time?

Councils that do not do ceremonies normally have a tie-up with a neighbouring council to do the ceremonies on thier behalf. For instance, if you are lucky enough to live in the City of London, your citizenship ceremony would automatically get diverted to Southwark, with whom the City has an arrangement.

Have you checked with the council itself whether they have suc h an arrangement with a neighbouring council?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Singh_harv
India

Re: Change Council for Citizenship Ceremony

Post by Singh_harv » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:50 pm

Thanks for coming back simon.

Council outsourced call centre who gave me wrong information when i rang them to book ceremony.

Then, I sent a mail to registrar office and they have booked for Wednesday ceremony. :D