ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Ceremony - 3 months after approval letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ResidentEvil

British Citizenship Ceremony - 3 months after approval letter

Post by ResidentEvil » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:01 pm

Hi all

My Mrs. received her citizenship approval letter on 10-Jan-22. And it says on approval letter that she must attend the citizenship ceremony withi 3 months. I had informed my local council regarding this and requested group ceremony. They have however been quite slow in getting back to me and finally sent me an email that they are booking group ceremonies in May. Which is more than 3 months after the approval letter.

So would that be OK if the cermony is held in May. The Home office letter says 3 months but the "https://www.gov.uk/citizenship-ceremonies" site says that it can be 6 months due to corona. So I am very confused as to which one is correct time-limit and is it even a big issue if lets say the time limit is 3 months but the ceremony is held after that due to the unavailabiltiy of dates by the council?

Many thanks.