ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Passport Application First Passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Northerner2
Newly Registered
Ireland

Online Passport Application First Passport

Post by Northerner2 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:17 pm

Hi folks,

I live in the North of Ireland and currently in the process of obtaining my first passport, I work in the South and was told I would be travelling to Germany in the summer to work. My application has now moved on to "Your application is being processed", after spending about 5 weeks at "we have received your documents we are now verifying these documents"

After verifying my documents does that mean they are happy with everything and moved me on to the next stage or is there still more checks to do? Would anyone know what they do during these steps? My target date was given as 18th March. My application went in 10th December. Pretty long process.

Thanks

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Online Passport Application First Passport

Post by _pikachu » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:29 pm

I read on the passport website that it'll take 20 business days to process new applications. Dec to March is a long time. The end of Dec-thebfirst week of Jan, things are usually closed due to Christmas. The passport department verified your documents, but did they return your current passport?

Northerner2
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Northerner2 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:31 pm

Hi thanks for the reply.

It's my first passport so more stringent checks are done I believe and takes much longer than a simple renewal. My mum, for example, put a renewal application in 12 days ago and it arrived on Friday.

G Dog
Ireland

Post by G Dog » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:24 pm

_pikachu wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:29 pm
I read on the passport website that it'll take 20 business days to process new applications. Dec to March is a long time. The end of Dec-thebfirst week of Jan, things are usually closed due to Christmas. The passport department verified your documents, but did they return your current passport?
My application went in 23 September, and I'm still waiting. Estimated date 8 March.