ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I had to cancel previous naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Toast
Newly Registered
Scotland

on or after 28 October?

Post by Toast » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:15 pm

"Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?
Applicants who applied for, and obtained, settlement on or after the 28th October 2013 using an English language qualification at level B1 or above can use this as evidence of their knowledge of English language. However if this qualification was not used and accepted for their settlement application, it cannot be used for this application."

My wife's Indefinite Leave to Remain card's date of issue is 28 October 2013, so I am confused by this question.

Question 1.
If she applied before 28 October 2013 and was granted ILR on 28 October 2013, how does she answer the question. Yes or No?

Question 2.
She has since passed an English qualification at B1 level, so surely she can use this qualification for this naturalisation application?

Question 3.
"Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or
leave to remain where you had to prove your
knowledge of English?"????

As far as we remember my wife did not have to prove her knowledge of the English language when she got her ILR. She just did the Knowledge of Life in the UK test.
How does she answer the question Yes or No?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: on or after 28 October?

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:57 pm

Toast wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:15 pm
"Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?
Applicants who applied for, and obtained, settlement on or after the 28th October 2013 using an English language qualification at level B1 or above can use this as evidence of their knowledge of English language. However if this qualification was not used and accepted for their settlement application, it cannot be used for this application."

My wife's Indefinite Leave to Remain card's date of issue is 28 October 2013, so I am confused by this question.

Question 1.
If she applied before 28 October 2013 and was granted ILR on 28 October 2013, how does she answer the question. Yes or No?
"No" because it wasn't required - see below.
Question 2.
She has since passed an English qualification at B1 level, so surely she can use this qualification for this naturalisation application?
When was this test taken - If it wasn't used for immigration purposes or is older than two years then a new test is required.
Question 3.
"Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or
leave to remain where you had to prove your
knowledge of English?"????

As far as we remember my wife did not have to prove her knowledge of the English language when she got her ILR. She just did the Knowledge of Life in the UK test.
How does she answer the question Yes or No?
Then "no" and take the B1 test .... before you submit the application!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Toast
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by Toast » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:39 pm

Thanks for quick reply.

RE: question 2. The B1 test has not been used (yet) for immigration purposes, she passed it so she could apply for naturalisation, but it was done less than 2 years a go - July 2020, so she can use this qualification for the application - right?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:38 pm

OK - the B1 is valid until July 2022 so it can be used for naturalisation.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Toast
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by Toast » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:45 pm

Thank you very much

Toast
Newly Registered
Scotland

I had to cancel previous naturalisation application

Post by Toast » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:10 pm

Regarding the question:

"Have you made any previous UK immigration
applications in the UK or abroad?"

I had to cancel my naturalisation application a couple of weeks ago because of a problem with a referee.
Should I mention the application that was cancelled? I didn't even get as far as doing biometrics. I cancelled it a few days after submitting it.

Apart from that, do I mention ILR?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: I had to cancel previous naturalisation application

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:05 pm

A cancelled application didn't happen - no sure why you cancelled - so it's not something you need to disclose, in my opinion. Apart from that the question asks for "any" application which means all, not just ILR.

yhm75

Post by yhm75 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:15 pm

i checked my form when i applied my naturalization i only wrote 3 application even i applied visa 7 times
i think you ok

Toast
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by Toast » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:17 pm

OK, thanks for your help