ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years Legal Residency

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SBASCO4
Mood:
Pakistan

10 Years Legal Residency

Post by SBASCO4 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:23 am

Good Morning Everyone, My question is 10 years legal residency start from when you submit application or from the date which printed on your first Residency Card ?

Because in January 2015 we start living together
Baby born Sep 2015
submitted first application in Nov 2015
Refused in May 2016 ( reason mentioned on letter just my expire passport)
Appealed in May 2016 and court date came in 2017
got Married in Sep 2016
HM withdrawn their decision just 1 day before hearing date and issued me card in Sep/Oct 2017
Now I have Settle Status

so can anyone give me info plz as I have 2 years difference between 1st application and card date.
Much appreciated ur kindness. Thanks

secret.simon

Re: 10 Years Legal Residency

Post by secret.simon » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:26 pm

Assuming that your question is about residency acquired under the EEA regulations and that your partner is/was a non-British EEA citizen.

Your legal stay would have started either from the date of marriage to the EEA citizen (if there was a legal marriage) or from the date of issue (date of application is irrelevant in this context) of an EEA Residence Card (if card issued to an unmarried partner of an EEA citizen).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.