ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Maternity questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Elle268
Australia

Spouse Visa - Maternity questions

Post by Elle268 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:28 pm

Hi everyone

A couple of questions related to maternity for spouse visa holders.

1. Is antenatal/maternity care provided by NHS free of charge, given the immigration health surcharge has been paid as part of the spouse visa application?

2. Are spouse visa holders able to claim Statutory Maternity Pay? I.e. please confirm this is not a public fund?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa - Maternity questions

Post by TODMATT » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:02 pm

Elle268 wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:28 pm
Hi everyone

A couple of questions related to maternity for spouse visa holders.

1. Is antenatal/maternity care provided by NHS free of charge, given the immigration health surcharge has been paid as part of the spouse visa application? Yes it is covered.

2. Are spouse visa holders able to claim Statutory Maternity Pay? I.e. please confirm this is not a public fund?

Public Fund
Examples of benefits that are not considered to be restricted for immigration
purposes are:
• Contribution-based Jobseeker's Allowance
• Guardian’s Allowance (if in receipt of Child Benefit)
• Incapacity Benefit
• Contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
• Maternity Allowance
• Retirement Pension
• Statutory Maternity Pay
• Statutory Sickness Pay
• Widow’s Benefit and Bereavement Benefit
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

secret.simon

Re: Spouse Visa - Maternity questions

Post by secret.simon » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:00 pm

Elle268 wrote:
1. Is antenatal/maternity care provided by NHS free of charge, given the immigration health surcharge has been paid as part of the spouse visa application?
Yes. To the best of my knowledge, ante-natal and post-natal care is covered by the IHS.
Elle268 wrote:
Statutory Maternity Pay is paid by the employer and hence is not a public fund. But the health in pregnancy grant and child benefits are benefits/public funds that you would not be eligible for.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.