ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Croydon - Got my ILR - Workpermit category

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raj_Gopal
Newly Registered

PEO Croydon - Got my ILR - Workpermit category

Post by Raj_Gopal » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:45 pm

Today I went to PEO croydon with my wife for ILR application and we got it stamped.

First of all - thanks a lot to this forum, which have been very useful in preparing my application for ILR. And I felt compelled to register myself in the forum and write my experience.

My background:
- IT consultant working for an Indian software company on work permit
- Arrived to UK in Sep 2003
- No company changes; same employer all along
- No long absences other than one which lasted for exactly 3 calendar months (05Nov05 to 05Feb06) due to nature of work. There were other short absences - holiday trips and annual vacation. All totalling to about 190 days in the last 5 years.

Now to share my experience:
- Called about 6 weeks back to get the appointment at PEO croydon for today (11Nov) at 09:15. This was the first available appt then.
- Reached croydon office around 8:15. I drove to the office. Car parking is just opposite to the Lunar house - Whitgift NCP car park centre
- Same formalities as you would find in other posts here; initial check at the 'reception counter' to validate the appln; Gentleman at the counter asked for following docs:
--- Filled-in appl form with photos
--- Emlpoyer reference letter
--- Payslips (I did not have them, as they are online in my company. So I provided last 3 months bank statements)
--- Life in the UK test pass notification (for myself & my wife)
--- Passports
- He checked those and stamped VALID in my appln and issued the appointment letter with a calling ref number
- Then payment at the counter
- We were called for the 'interview' around 09:00 by a lady
- Almost same kind of check as happened at the reception counter; but this time in detail
- Lady was looking for my Oct payslip as my bank statement covered only until 19Oct. But I did not have it; that was OK
- Then she asked whether I was absent for more than 3 months in any instance. I was not sure whether the 3 months is counted as 3 calendar months OR 90 days OR 12 weeks. So, I said there may be one and showed the dates I had filled-in. I had a supporting letter from my employer and provided the letter to her. She said it is considered as 3 months (calender) and the letter would be required in this case.
- She then said she had to refer the case to senior case worker as I had this 3 months absence and it would not be a big problem as I had given the letter from employer
- It took another 15 mis for a senior staff to check this.
- About 09:45, we were told the appln is successful and we will be granted ILR
- Lady asked us to wait or go out & come back in 1 or 2 hours. We waited there. ILR stamped passport was returned in 20 mins time.

Points to note from my experience:
- Absences if any for 3 months or more due to work - a letter from employer would resolve this
- Better to take payslips, though they are not must
- Otherwise it was a straight-forward appln and it went smoothly

Thanks,
Raj

Thanks and Regards,
Raj

peter786

Post by peter786 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:23 pm

Congrats

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:28 pm

Congratulations !!!!!

snow

Re: PEO Croydon - Got my ILR - Workpermit category

Post by snow » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:54 pm

Hi congratulation
raj do you know how many days in 5 years are allowed . is it 180 or 225 . my holidays are personal they are 207 days but some short absences are paid .

netacct

Post by netacct » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:23 pm

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the experience.

test_1234
Newly Registered

Absence for 93 Days

Post by test_1234 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:33 pm

I working in UK Since Jan 2004 To Till Date.I had an absence of 93 days in April 2005 to Jul 2005 because my Father health was not good so i needed to back back to india and i was working over their for 3 month once my father got recoered i came back to UK.

I have ALL the Document of My Father operation and my payslips which i was worked during this period.

republique
BANNED

Re: Absence for 93 Days

Post by republique » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:43 pm

test_1234 wrote:I working in UK Since Jan 2004 To Till Date.I had an absence of 93 days in April 2005 to Jul 2005 because my Father health was not good so i needed to back back to india and i was working over their for 3 month once my father got recoered i came back to UK.

I have ALL the Document of My Father operation and my payslips which i was worked during this period.
That sounds ok but I am not sure showing you were working in India is helpful unless you were working for aUK company

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:36 pm

hi guys,
i applied for my ILR around 5 weeks ago by post, i havent heard anything. my case is pretty straight fwd, been with the same employer for the last 5 yrs without any gaps in employment.
the only thing that bothers me is that i didnt send payslips along with my form as they are online in my company. but did send bank statement and proof of funds (saving a/c statements).

do u reckon that could be delaying my case . i applied on 8 nov 2008 !
any suggestions would be appreciated !

mabsa
Newly Registered

Post by mabsa » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:05 pm

when your visa is going to expire? i applied on 5th of november but still not heard any thing from HO. My visa is due to expire on 20th of january.

test_1234
Newly Registered

93 days

Post by test_1234 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:51 pm

I was working for Same Company in India which i was in UK.I have letter from old employer stating he was working in india from 'This period to This period in India'

I have ALL the payslips for this period

republique
BANNED

Re: 93 days

Post by republique » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:18 pm

test_1234 wrote:I was working for Same Company in India which i was in UK.I have letter from old employer stating he was working in india from 'This period to This period in India'

I have ALL the payslips for this period
sounds alright

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:43 am

well my visa expires on 30 march 2009, i have been trying to ring BIA but then there phone is constantly busy and you cant get thru them.
can anyone shed a light on my case please !!

joh
Newly Registered

Post by joh » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:58 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your information sharing. I am in the same boat.

I have my three months (3 months 1 day) gap, worked for the Indian branch, paid in rupees. My employer has given the letter that he was working for our off-shore center. But i am concerned that i am paid by off-shore center in india in rupees not by the main office in uk.do you think this will be problem?.

I also noted that after paying your amount, they checked that you have got 3 months break and what would happen if there is not approved and will they give money back?

I am expecting your feedback and thanks in advance.

thanks
joh

[quote="Raj_Gopal"]Today I went to PEO croydon with my wife for ILR application and we got it stamped.

First of all - thanks a lot to this forum, which have been very useful in preparing my application for ILR. And I felt compelled to register myself in the forum and write my experience.

My background:
- No long absences other than one which lasted for exactly 3 calendar months (05Nov05 to 05Feb06) due to nature of work. There were other short absences - holiday trips and annual vacation. All totalling to about 190 days in the last 5 years.

- Called about 6 weeks back to get the appointment at PEO croydon for today (11Nov) at 09:15. This was the first available appt then.
- Reached croydon office around 8:15. I drove to the office. Car parking is just opposite to the Lunar house - Whitgift NCP car park centre
- Same formalities as you would find in other posts here; initial check at the 'reception counter' to validate the appln; Gentleman at the counter asked for following docs:
--- Payslips (I did not have them, as they are online in my company. So I provided last 3 months bank statements)
--- Passports
- He checked those and stamped VALID in my appln and issued the appointment letter with a calling ref number
- Almost same kind of check as happened at the reception counter; but this time in detail
- Lady was looking for my Oct payslip as my bank statement covered only until 19Oct. But I did not have it; that was OK
- Then she asked whether I was absent for more than 3 months in any instance. I was not sure whether the 3 months is counted as 3 calendar months OR 90 days OR 12 weeks. So, I said there may be one and showed the dates I had filled-in. I had a supporting letter from my employer and provided the letter to her. She said it is considered as 3 months (calender) and the letter would be required in this case.
- She then said she had to refer the case to senior case worker as I had this 3 months absence and it would not be a big problem as I had given the letter from employer
- Lady asked us to wait or go out & come back in 1 or 2 hours. We waited there. ILR stamped passport was returned in 20 mins time.

- Absences if any for 3 months or more due to work - a letter from employer would resolve this

Thanks,
Raj

Thanks and Regards,
Raj[/quote]

indianuk

Post by indianuk » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:15 pm

Raj,
I am planning to apply for ILR and would need some help...Can you please help me in this case?
Though i am not elligible yet, but planning to prepare the things from my side from now....
Thanks for your time.

Raj_Gopal wrote:Today I went to PEO croydon with my wife for ILR application and we got it stamped.

My background:

--- Passports

Thanks,
Raj

Thanks and Regards,
Raj