ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

H.O. License

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mshakeel2002
United States of America

H.O. License

Post by mshakeel2002 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:30 am

Hello:
I have a business established from few years, and i am the owner of business... i have 2 more employees working for me.
My younger brother abroad has all the correct skills to operate the business and fulfil the vacancy. i want to hire him to work for my business. if i apply for license and one of my employee (who is not related to me) will be operating as admin for Home Office Management System.
then my question is someone told me a blood relative is not allowed for work visa. whereas what i read was the operator of home office system should not be blood relative... will it create issues if i am the OWNER of the business but not the operator of the home office management system. Can i hire my brother and apply for his visa this way???

Please Help. Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: H.O. License

Post by manci » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:30 pm

You could be proposed as the Authorising Officer and one of your employees the Level 1 user responsible for operating the SMS. The requirement concerning close relatives is that SMS users must not assign a CoS to a close relative.

Read the guidance about applying for a sponsor licence:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... le-version

Note that the job has to be a skilled occupation, see
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ccupations

Expect close scrutiny by the HO, and perhaps also a visit to your premises, to check that the company has the necessary systems in place to become a licenced sponsor.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice