ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

continuous stay

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rangers
United Kingdom

continuous stay

Post by rangers » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:43 am

Hi Members,
Recently we are having some tough time as my mom has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and she is now beyond treatment. As i am going to apply for my ILR (10 years route) this November and i have to go frequently visiting my mom, will it effect on her application?
I have already spent 25 days in (January-February) this year outside UK and planning to go back end of march for 1 more month. If anyone can tell me what is the rule regarding this and if there any suggestions for me.
Thanks
Ranngers

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: continuous stay

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:59 pm

The long residence ILR has simply TWO absence conditions to meet:

No continuous period of absence from the UK that goes over 180 days
No total absences of 540 days in the last 10 years
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice