ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M Living together Question. From Fiance to spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lubsil
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

English Test requirement

Post by Lubsil » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:46 am

Hi,
Does my partner have to do another English test for his visa extension.

We just got married as we are required to do within 6 months. He came here on a partner visa and he did the A1 test when we made the initial application.

For the extension can we use the same A1 results or he had to do the A2 tests now.

We are confused. Please help

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: English Test requirement

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:42 pm

Lubsil wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:46 am
Hi,
Does my partner have to do another English test for his visa extension.

We just got married as we are required to do within 6 months. He came here on a partner visa and he did the A1 test when we made the initial application.

For the extension can we use the same A1 results or he had to do the A2 tests now.

We are confused. Please help
If your partner arrived on a fiancee visa and both of you are married then, you can reuse the same test A1 for the partner application since it is the first time you are applying for a partner visa so only A1 would be required in your case.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: English Test requirement

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:12 pm

Subsequent test if possible should do at level B1.

Lubsil
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

A1 or A2 English Test. Just married my Fiance and applying FLR M first time

Post by Lubsil » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:55 am

Hi All,

Which English Test? A1 or A2.

My fiance came here in January 2022, we got married and we now are filling in the FLR M.

He did the A1 when we applied for Fiance visa.

Does he need to do another one or use the same results.

I am reading conflicting messages on Internet hence the reasoni come to you on this forum.

Thanks

vinny

Re: A1 or A2 English Test. Just married my Fiance and applying FLR M first time

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:21 pm

GEN.1.2. For the purposes of this Appendix “partner” means-
(iii) the applicant’s fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner; or
However,

E-LTRP.4.1A.(iii)
now seeks further leave to remain as a partner after 30 months in the UK with leave as a partner; then, the applicant must provide specified evidence that they:
doesn’t apply because the applicant only had six months in the UK with leave as a partner.

The Guidance confirms. Required level:
  • all entry clearance or initial leave applications under these paragraphs: CEFR level A1, unless exempt
  • all applications for leave to remain where previously exempt from A1 (or last granted leave as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner): CEFR level A1, unless exempt
  • all applications for leave to remain where last granted leave with A1, which expires on or after 1 May 2017: CEFR level A2, unless exempt
Required level: CEFR level A1.

Possible to reuse the previous A1 test.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Lubsil
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR M Living together Question. From Fiance to spouse

Post by Lubsil » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:55 pm

Living with your partner

Q. Do you and your partner currently live together? Yes

Q. When did you start living together in a relationship? Jan 2022

Q. Where have you lived together? My Current Address, London.

********??????? I confirm I will provide:

Items of correspondence addressed to Mr X and Mr Y at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years.*******???????

My fiance came here in January 2022 on a Fiance Visa. We just married and we are applying for FLR M.

As you see we've only started living together in January 2022.

I can't proceed with the application without having to tick and accept that we shall provide evidence of living together for 1 years.

How can I go about this dilemma?

Help needed.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: FLR M Living together Question. From Fiance to spouse

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:19 pm

Lubsil wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:55 pm
Living with your partner

Q. Do you and your partner currently live together? Yes

Q. When did you start living together in a relationship? Jan 2022

Q. Where have you lived together? My Current Address, London.

********??????? I confirm I will provide:

Items of correspondence addressed to Mr X and Mr Y at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years.*******???????

My fiance came here in January 2022 on a Fiance Visa. We just married and we are applying for FLR M.

As you see we've only started living together in January 2022.

I can't proceed with the application without having to tick and accept that we shall provide evidence of living together for 1 years.

How can I go about this dilemma?

Help needed.
The form is generic and appears not to have consideration for switching from Fiancé to FLRM, tick and continue your application. Indicate in additional information the route you are on.