ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Concession to the Immigration Rules for family longer periods of leave and indefinite leave to remain

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

Concession to the Immigration Rules for family longer periods of leave and indefinite leave to remain

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:51 pm

Hi

Can someone please explain to me this attached documents in easy words. It is something I want to if I can use for my daughter who is 17 years old and on discretionary leave.

Many thanks

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rcumstance

vinny

Re: Concession to the Immigration Rules for family longer periods of leave and indefinite leave to remain

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:02 am

Background

Concession for granting longer periods of leave and early indefinite leave to remain
To be eligible to be considered under this concession an applicant must (at the date of application):
  • Be aged 18 years or above and meet the criteria set out in paragraph 276ADE(1)(v) by having spent at least half of his/her life living continuously in the UK (discounting any period of imprisonment) or has met the criteria set out in paragraph 276ADE(1)(v) in a previous application for leave to remain;
  • Have either been born in or entered the UK as a child;
  • Have held limited leave on the basis of family life or private life, for example
    under Appendix FM, Part 7 or granted outside the Immigration Rules, for a continuous period of five years, disregarding any period of overstaying where paragraph 39E of the Rules applies; and
  • Be eligible for further leave to remain under paragraph 276ADE(1) of the Immigration Rules (or, having previously qualified under paragraph 276ADE(1)(v), be eligible for further leave to remain under paragraph 276BE) and have made an application under those rules
Where these criteria apply the following consideration should take place:
See also Home Office concession on earlier ILR for some young people

Perhaps eligible when she’s 18 or over?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.