ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS appointment without BRP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zzzindagi

UKVCAS appointment without BRP

Post by zzzindagi » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:44 pm

Hi Guys,

I had scanned all relevant documents and uploaded on UKVCAS before going to the appointment.
But When I went to the UKVCAS appointment with my wife, we realised we hadn't brought original BRP with us.
The lady at UKVCAS did not ask for the BRP and simply scanned the passport.

My wife didn't have our bank statements or driver's licence with her when the lady requested for them.
I was aware that bank statements and a driver's licence were not required because the passport was sufficient proof.

I'm not sure what the lady did with our documents, but she did confirm that they had been submitted.

Could the fact that we didn't have BRP with us at the time of our UKVCAS appointment cause any issues?

Many Thanks
ZR

alterhase58
Germany

Re: UKVCAS appointment without BRP

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:40 am

You did upload a scan of your BRP? If so no issue.
UKVCAS check your identity, they don't process the application - that's done by UKVI.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:43 am

zzzindagi wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:44 pm
Hi Guys,

I had scanned all relevant documents and uploaded on UKVCAS before going to the appointment.
But When I went to the UKVCAS appointment with my wife, we realised we hadn't brought original BRP with us.
The lady at UKVCAS did not ask for the BRP and simply scanned the passport.

My wife didn't have our bank statements or driver's licence with her when the lady requested for them.
I was aware that bank statements and a driver's licence were not required because the passport was sufficient proof.

I'm not sure what the lady did with our documents, but she did confirm that they had been submitted.

Could the fact that we didn't have BRP with us at the time of our UKVCAS appointment cause any issues?

Many Thanks
BRP is not needed during the appointment if you had already uploaded it. Also, I don't think you are supposed to upload or share any address proof. Surprising to know they asked you about those!
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:27 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:40 am
You did upload a scan of your BRP? If so no issue.
UKVCAS check your identity, they don't process the application - that's done by UKVI.
Thanks, Yes I had uploaded the copy on the UKVCAS site which now shows = submitted.
ZR