ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documentation - am I missing anything?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

domink27
Newly Registered
India

ILR application - do you use a lawyer?

Post by domink27 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:19 pm

Hi guys,

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Newbie to the forum, so please be gentle!

I complete 5 years in the UK on a Tier 2 General visa in the next couple of months and am starting to put together the documents for my ILR application (and take the LITUK test). It should be a relatively straightforward application, I've tracked my travel dates over the years and thats well below 180 days on a rolling 12 month basis and it shouldn't be an issue at all to get an employment letter

Was just wondering if it's recommended to use an immigration lawyer to go through the documents before applying or do most people just do this on their own?

On the off chance that a mistake in the application might cause a loss of fees, wouldn't the prudent option be to use a lawyer? Or is it overkill to get a lawyer because the application is simple enough?

Thoughts appreciated,

Thanks again for reading this,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application - do you use a lawyer?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:24 pm

It's overkill.

All you will be is poorer. Most members do it on their own, it is not a difficult application to make and doesn't have huge volumes of documents required.

Many who use lawyers discover too late to their detriment, that they have been grossly ill and incorrectly advised.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

domink27
Newly Registered
India

Post by domink27 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:44 pm

Thank you. That's very clear

domink27
Newly Registered
India

Post by domink27 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:42 am

Hi guys,

Thanks again for the response to the earlier question,

I've now put together the documents and would appreciate if you can tell me if I'm missing anything.

I think not, but I've looked at some online forums and posts and people seem to submit a bunch more.

Identity:
Passport and BRP copies

Finances:
Last bank statement
P60s for last 4 years
Payslip for year 5 as P60 not generated yet

Residence and cohabitation:
Lease agreements for the past 5 years, these are jointly in the names of my spouse and I,
Council tax bills, annual statement, past 5 years, again joint

Employment and absence:
Employer letter, their standard template includes the days I've been out of the UK which I've submitted to them,
A pdf with a scan of every page of my passport with UK entry stamps

Other:
Marriage certificate
Daughter's birth certificate (born outside UK)
Life in the UK results
NARIC and ECTIS equivalence

I would think that's it, am I missing anything,

Thank you again for your patience

Solo4Life
European Union

Post by Solo4Life » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:34 pm

domink27 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:19 pm
Hi guys,

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Newbie to the forum, so please be gentle!

I complete 5 years in the UK on a Tier 2 General visa in the next couple of months and am starting to put together the documents for my ILR application (and take the LITUK test). It should be a relatively straightforward application, I've tracked my travel dates over the years and thats well below 180 days on a rolling 12 month basis and it shouldn't be an issue at all to get an employment letter

Was just wondering if it's recommended to use an immigration lawyer to go through the documents before applying or do most people just do this on their own?

On the off chance that a mistake in the application might cause a loss of fees, wouldn't the prudent option be to use a lawyer? Or is it overkill to get a lawyer because the application is simple enough?

Thoughts appreciated,

Thanks again for reading this,
You don't need a lawyer, unless you have a criminal issue or other similar things. But do read everything on yhe UKVI website and make sure you have all the necessary documentation. You can also download their pdf guide on the website for more info about the application process.

domink27
Newly Registered
India

Documentation - am I missing anything?

Post by domink27 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:40 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for the response to my earlier question,

I've now put together my ILR documents and would appreciate if you can tell me if I'm missing anything.

I think not, but I've looked at some online forums and posts and people seem to submit a bunch more.

Identity:
Passport and BRP copies

Finances:
Last bank statement
P60s for last 4 years
Payslip for year 5 as P60 not generated yet

Residence and cohabitation:
Lease agreements for the past 5 years, these are jointly in the names of my spouse and I,
Council tax bills, annual statement, past 5 years, again joint

Employment and absence:
Employer letter, their standard template includes the days I've been out of the UK which I've submitted to them,
A pdf with a scan of every page of my passport with UK entry stamps

Other:
Marriage certificate
Daughter's birth certificate (born outside UK)
Life in the UK results
NARIC and ECTIS equivalence

I would think that's it, am I missing anything,

Thank you again for your patience

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Documentation - am I missing anything?

Post by ywlgy » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:59 pm

The employer should also indicate you will be required to work for them and be paid at least the minimum salary in the foreseeable future
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

domink27
Newly Registered
India

Re: Documentation - am I missing anything?

Post by domink27 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:05 pm

Yes, of course, thanks
They have a standard template that includes that point,