ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office requested certificates back

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IAmNullPointer
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Home office requested certificates back

Post by IAmNullPointer » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:09 am

Hi,

I got approval email yesterday (28-02-22) for me and my 3 children.

I tried to get in touch with the council to book a ceremony but they told me they had sent the certificates back to the home office at their request. That I needed to contact them for further information.

My heart just sank, should I be worried? I don't think I have read something similar happening to somebody else.

Thanks

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Re: Home office requested certificates back

Post by mesn » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:50 pm

IAmNullPointer wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:09 am
Hi,

I tried to get in touch with the council to book a ceremony but they told me they had sent the certificates back to the home office at their request. That I needed to contact them for further information.

My heart just sank, should I be worried? I don't think I have read something similar happening to somebody else.

Thanks
No expert but believe HO is supposed to approve all of your applications at once for you to collect the certificates for your kids during your ceremony. I saw your post where you said you had received the approval for only one of your kids. So, this might be HO trying to send again everything together.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

IAmNullPointer
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Re: Home office requested certificates back

Post by IAmNullPointer » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:54 pm

mesn wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:50 pm
IAmNullPointer wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:09 am
Hi,

Thanks
No expert but believe HO is supposed to approve all of your applications at once for you to collect the certificates for your kids during your ceremony. I saw your post where you said you had received the approval for only one of your kids. So, this might be HO trying to send again everything together.
Thanks for the feedback - I think that may actually make sense. Although I ended up getting all the emails on the same day (hours apart).

The person from council told me I had 6 months from 16-02-2022 which I think it is when they first got the certificates.

Anyway I will wait for a week or so and see how it goes. I wrote to the citizensupport email and see if I get an answer soon.

Regards