ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused about SET(M) date of Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ellen_68
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Confused about SET(M) date of Application

Post by ellen_68 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:32 am

Hello!

I've looked at a lot of posts in the hope of not repeating - so fingers crossed.

I'm desperately looking for some information about when we can apply for the SET (M) visa.

My husband (Australian) and I (GB) are applying via the 5 year route - first BRP granted on 09.03.2017. We did the extension visa 2.5 years later.

I've read a lot of information about when we can actually apply for the SET (M) - I'm unsure if it would be 28 days before the 'real' 5 year mark, i.e. 09.03.2022 or is it 28 days prior to the expiration of his current BRP which is 27.05.2022?

Any help would be massively appreciated. Thanks :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Confused about SET(M) date of Application

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:48 am

If he applied for his initial visa abroad, the relevant date that is considered the start of the qualifying period is the date he entered the UK on a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ellen_68
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ellen_68 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:59 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:48 am
If he applied for his initial visa abroad, the relevant date that is considered the start of the qualifying period is the date he entered the UK on a spouse visa.
Thanks Char :)

So the initial application was in Sheffield - so I'm guessing that means we can count it from March 2017? Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:12 am

Yes correct if he switched to a spouse visa on FLR m within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.