ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Degree was done outside UK but certificate is awarded by Staffordshire university. Does this require NARIC certification

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Degree was done outside UK but certificate is awarded by Staffordshire university. Does this require NARIC certification

Post by Driver27 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:10 pm

Currently on spouse visa and I'm applying to extend it after the initial 2.5 year period.
I have a degree that was done at a Sri lankan private institution but the awarding body for this was Staffordshire University.

My certificate simply states "So and so has been awarded the degree of Bachelor of Arts with Second class honours in Business Administration 20 Nov 2009"

The logo is that of the Staffordshire University and has no mention that it was done in Sri Lanka or the name of the private institution where the studies took place.

Staffordshire university is in the list of approved uk universities from whom a degree would be accepted.

Does it make any difference that the actual studies and examination took place outside the UK or can I still use this (without NARIC) to satisfy the English language requirement.
Thanks

vinny

Re: Degree was done outside UK but certificate is awarded by Staffordshire university. Does this require NARIC certifica

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:16 am

The online application may be too limited for the nuances. However, I think it should satisfy E-LTRP.4.1A.(iii)
(c) have an academic qualification which is either a Bachelor‟s or Master‟s degree or PhD awarded by an educational establishment in the UK; or, if awarded by an educational establishment outside the UK, is deemed by Ecctis to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor‟s or Master‟s degree or PhD in the UK, and Ecctis has confirmed that the degree was taught or researched in English to level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or above; or
and the Specified Evidence 31.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Re: Degree was done outside UK but certificate is awarded by Staffordshire university. Does this require NARIC certifica

Post by Driver27 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:38 am

Thanks Vinny. I did do a search on this forum but the keywords I used didn't bring this up as a result.
I will apply with the certificate I have.