ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mn1 Registration of Child Born in UK, Consent Form Signature

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avahir1984
Newly Registered
India

Mn1 Registration of Child Born in UK, Consent Form Signature

Post by avahir1984 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:11 pm

Hi All,

I have submitted MN1 application form for my 3 year old Child (Who can not write/sign obviously ) where in checklist it has two kind of consent forms to be signed by Applicant

1. A letter of consent from Applicant's parent(s) or legal guardian(s) on Page 3 it asks Child's Signature

Child’s consent where they are making an application on their own behalf
I ________________________________________________ (name in block letters) apply for registration as a British citizen and attach the consent of my father/mother/guardian to this application.

Sign [ Applicant Sign here ]

2. Family Consent 3 Part form: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf
where again Part 1 is to be signed by Applicant, Considering the way application form is designed Child is the applicant here. Also at the end of the application form it asks if I am the Application or Authorised Legal representative I have chosen : I am the applicant

Question1 : As child is small to be able to sign both the consent forms, Should Parent sign it? or Should keep it blank or Put thumb impression?

Question2: Who should sign Part1,Part2, Part3 here https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

Considering Applicant is Child , Parents details I filled in form and Parents are paying for Application fees.

Many Thanks in advance

PoojaL
United Kingdom

Re: Mn1 Registration of Child Born in UK, Consent Form Signature

Post by PoojaL » Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:16 pm

avahir1984 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:11 pm
Hi All,

I have submitted MN1 application form for my 3 year old Child (Who can not write/sign obviously ) where in checklist it has two kind of consent forms to be signed by Applicant

1. A letter of consent from Applicant's parent(s) or legal guardian(s) on Page 3 it asks Child's Signature

Child’s consent where they are making an application on their own behalf
I ________________________________________________ (name in block letters) apply for registration as a British citizen and attach the consent of my father/mother/guardian to this application.

Sign [ Applicant Sign here ]

2. Family Consent 3 Part form: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf
where again Part 1 is to be signed by Applicant, Considering the way application form is designed Child is the applicant here. Also at the end of the application form it asks if I am the Application or Authorised Legal representative I have chosen : I am the applicant

Question1 : As child is small to be able to sign both the consent forms, Should Parent sign it? or Should keep it blank or Put thumb impression?

Question2: Who should sign Part1,Part2, Part3 here https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

Considering Applicant is Child , Parents details I filled in form and Parents are paying for Application fees.

Many Thanks in advance
Hello,

I have recently filled the MN1 for my daughters.

As per my understanding you only need parents consent and rest part2 and part 3 is Not applicable

Family Consent I and my husband both signed each part 1 & 2 ( just in case they need it vice versa) and Part 3 is not applicable .

At the end you have to select I am the applicant & not the legal representative

Hope it helps
Good Luck