ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(O) Dependent additional Documents requested

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srika
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR SET(O) Dependent additional Documents requested

Post by srika » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:55 am

Hello,

Could anyone help me with my query regarding the additional documents please, I got My ILR in 2019 after spending 5 years in Tier 2 category and now I got British Citizenship. I have recently applied SET (O) dependent visa for my husband and Home office has requested for additional documents.

"A document from the sponsor who issued the certificate of sponsorship that led to your last permission to stay as a Tier 2 migrant confirming that you are: still required for the employment in question for the foreseeable future, and in the case of Tier 2 (General), Tier 2 (Sports Person) and Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) migrants this document should also contain:
the nearest applicable SOC code which best describes your employment
your current rate of pay (this should be given in the same format as given in the codes of practice, for example hourly rate or yearly salary), and
confirmation that this is at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors.
If you are currently on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave, confirmation of the date this started, your salary immediately before the leave, and what your salary will be on your return.

The documents provided do not include the required information."

Since My Husbands application is a tier 2 dependent Application, he cannot provide any of the above requested ones, I have an employment letter dated back in 2019 that I have used for my ILR application stating all of the above. Could anyone let me know if this is enough or should I be sending a new employment letter ?

I read in other topics, once the home office asks additional documents, the application is treated as standard application and will take longer than priority service, any idea if this is the case?
Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET(O) Dependent additional Documents requested

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:26 pm

You need to ensure that you correctly filled the form as SET(O) is used for both main as well as dependant applications. Those documents are only needed for main applicants NOT the dependnats
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

srika
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by srika » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:38 pm

I chose the right category
Select a category in which you are applying for indefinite leave to remain.
Skilled Worker, Tier 2 or International Sportsperson dependant

not sure why they are requesting this document

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:02 pm

You should explain that you applied as dependant application
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:27 pm

I think they made a mistake. You should reply the email to explain.

Complain to ask for a refund if decision is delayed, after you get the visa
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

srika
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by srika » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:00 am

Thanks all for taking time to reply to my query.
I explained that its a dependent visa and attached my employment letter just in case. hoping to get a result soon.

dev-ag
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dev-ag » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:17 am

@srika did you get a response back?