ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice please Irish spouse visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sunflower35
Newly Registered
Ireland

Need advice please Irish spouse visa

Post by Sunflower35 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:12 pm

Hi guys , I hope someone can help me with my question it’s for a relative.

As far as I have done my research, if someone in Ireland ( Irish citizen or resident) wish to apply for spouse visa for their non EU husband/wife along with other documents, they need to show that they are earning a certain amount I think it’s €40000 per year ??
My question is that if the sponsor is studying full time and can’t work due to study or working weekends only due to study , will this be acceptable for spouse visa application?

I appreciate any help , thanks guys

meself2
Ireland

Re: Need advice please Irish spouse visa

Post by meself2 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:04 pm

First of all, Irish citizens and Irish residents who aren't citizens have different rules and regulations in this regard. Is the person living in Ireland Irish? EU national? non-EU (and if so, what stamp and basis for it)?
Irish government wants to make sure people will not be coming here and being on social benefits. Think about the way they can show Irish government that they can sustain themselves without social benefits.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Sunflower35
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sunflower35 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:07 pm

Thank you for reply, the sponsor is holding stamp4 permanent residence valid for 10 years and is currently studying .

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:21 pm

In that case, unfortunately, I don't really see a path.
The sponsor has a Stamp 4, but they need to satisfy certain financial requirements, that I don't think are possible in case of studies. The spouse will get Stamp 3 if coming this way, so wouldn't be able to work either (maybe work permit is the way to go, if possible?), leaving one student to support two people - impossible task.

Maybe other forum members will give you better advice or you can explore the possibilities here.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.