ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Naturalisation

Post by kiss300 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:39 pm

Hi Guru,

I need your advice. I have recently become a British citizen, actually today the 9th of March.Prior to becoming a British, I had booked a holiday. My holiday is in just 3 weeks. I cannot at this time apply for British passport because if I do I might miss my flight and all my travelling plan will be jeopardise.

I haven’t returned my indefinite residence card yet. can I travel with it and my current passport? Will I be allowed entry when I return?

Please help. Thank you

Ben1989
United States of America

Re: Naturalisation

Post by Ben1989 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:20 am

Strictly speaking you should not be travelling without a British passport.

However, others have done it with showing their certificate upon entry. Is there allowance? Is it luck? Who knows.

It's your call. You should have put off your ceremony until after your travel :!:

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:01 am

It should be noted that the certificate is not a travel document and could only be used for facilitating entry to the UK.
UK Border Force may already have you as a British citizen on their system and might retain the BRP card on your return.
A British citizen has automatic right of abode in the UK and cannot be refused entry - clearly a British passport is a more convenient document for that purpose.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:54 pm

Thank you all for your advice.