ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment history

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zamaha
Member of Standing

Employment history

Post by zamaha » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:25 am

Dear members,
I have 2 questions re employment in the AN application form that I highly appreciate your help.
First:
My previous visa before getting ILR (10 years LR) was tier 1 ENT, I have set up the business in 2015 and later in 2018 I became the employee of my own company.
So, for the employment I chose both an employee and the director, but for the start date, I mention the date when I became an employee and got salary through PAYE? Is that right? I explained in cover letter about it.

Also, I had another company from 2014 till 2016 that I was only co-director and didn't get any salary from it. Should I mention that as the employment?

I set up this company when I was still a student and my GE visa was pending. I've been told before that it is not a problem as I didn't take any money from the employment. Is that right?

Thank you

zamaha
Member of Standing

Re: Employment history

Post by zamaha » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:58 pm

Could someone please help me? Thanks

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:59 am

i think so you need to put your employment details

You were director of the company from the date 2014-2018 and you were getting salary for the designation

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:02 am

Thanks for your reply.
No from the first company that I resigned I didn't get anything.
Not sure if it counts as employment

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:02 am

have u been registered as Self employed at that point your best chance is to try with HMRC and get your employment record

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ployer.pdf

if you are not sure try with this link you will get official record which is held by HMRC

hope so that helps

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:29 pm

umer.shahzad1 wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:02 am
have u been registered as Self employed at that point your best chance is to try with HMRC and get your employment record

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ployer.pdf

if you are not sure try with this link you will get official record which is held by HMRC

hope so that helps
Thank you
Is there any number that I can call to get the employment history?
Thank you so much

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:15 am

you can try the national insurance online helpline Telephone:
0300 200 3500 but i think so its better to get your employment history via Letter because you can attach the employment history with your naturalisation application as a proof of employment history i am not a guru or an expert but i think so that will be an add on

Regards

Umer