ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Useful information required

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iceice855
Newly Registered
Ireland

Useful information required

Post by iceice855 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:27 pm

Hello everyone, I currently hold a stamp 4 eufam expiring on the date of this current extension. Not longer in the relationship and justice is aware of it. I have a Irish born child now and will like to know if I have to apply for a fresh application or just take my child and document to local immigration office to have it change? Any info is appreciated thanks.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Useful information required

Post by meself2 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:34 pm

If your child is an Irish citizen:
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... zen-child/
If you have an existing permission to remain in Ireland (stamp 1/2/3) or if you have entered Ireland on a “D Reside Parent of an Irish citizen child” visa, you can go to your local immigration office to request permission. You must bring your Irish citizen child and the following documentation:

Your own passport
Your current Irish Residence Permit (IRP) or GNIB card
Your child’s Irish passport
Your child’s birth certificate
Documentary evidence of your address in Ireland (for example, utility bills)
Documentary evidence of your child’s address in the State (a doctor’s letter or school letter).
Despite it not mentioning stamp 4, only other option is for people on "C" visas or out of state.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

iceice855
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by iceice855 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:48 pm

Thanks for your response, the fact there's no stamp 4 mentioned there is what worries me there. I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes, I have an appointment with the local immigration officer soon.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:51 pm

iceice855 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:48 pm
Thanks for your response, the fact there's no stamp 4 mentioned there is what worries me there. I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes, I have an appointment with the local immigration officer soon.
I changed my visa status (but from 4 to 2) by sending a bunch of documents to my residence unit and it worked, but I'd say in your case they'd want to see your son and such. You don't lose anything by going to that appointment, worst case scenario you'll get information what to do next.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

iceice855
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by iceice855 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:57 pm

Yeah sure definitely taking my child with me to the appointment, I just don't know if it will be a renewal or a fresh application and I was hoping to hear from previous experiences with similar situations.

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:16 am

I was on a stamp 4 due to marriage and when the marriage disssolved, I told the immigration officer right away.
I was directed to the immigration department(INIS) and I had to explain the circumstance and request to stay within my own right.

I was granted to stay in Ireland under my own right. Next immigration officer appointmen to renew the stamp/card, I had to produce the letter stating I was given permission to remain within my own right. It costed 300 a year until I got citizenship via nautralisation(takes 5 years to be eligible for that).