ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can ILR be achieved by combining entrepreneur and skilled visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

talkhome
United Kingdom

Can ILR be achieved by combining entrepreneur and skilled visa

Post by talkhome » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:57 am

Here is my friends situation:

He was granted 3 years tier Entrepreneur visa
He went to do extension but he was refused on the basis of genuineness. He did Admin review with negative outcome.

During his AR process he managed to get skilled visa for 3 years.

Question is:

Can he combine duration spent on tier 1 entrepreneur visa with skilled visa? Given the fact he was refused on genuineness.

secret.simon

Re: Can ILR be achieved by combining entrepreneur and skilled visa

Post by secret.simon » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:01 am

talkhome wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:57 am
Given the fact he was refused on genuineness.
That is irrelevant, provided his continuity of residence has not been broken.

For ILR under the Skilled Worker route,
Immigration Rule SW 21.2 wrote:SW 21.2. The 5-year continuous period must consist of time with permission on any of, or any combination of, the following routes:

(a) Skilled Worker; or
(b) Global talent; or
(c) Innovator; or
(d) T2 Minister of Religion; or
(e) International Sportsperson; or
(f) Representative of an Overseas Business; or
(g) as a Tier 1 Migrant, other than as a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Migrant; or
(h) permission on any other route, during the time the applicant was waiting for a decision on their application as a Skilled Worker, providing that application:
(i) was for permission to stay; and
(ii) was made between 24 January 2020 and 30 June 2021 (inclusive); and
(iii) was supported on the date of application by a certificate of sponsorship assigned by a licensed sponsor; and
(iv) was granted.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.