ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting the UK on a spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Visiting the UK on a spouse visa

Post by UKJPN » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:34 am

Hi all,

I will be applying for my wife visa on June the 6th but

Due to the UKVI currently prioritizing ukraine visa, I'm not sure if that will effect her visa , possibly taking more than 12 weeks. Hopefully by June things would have calmed down...but we don't know.

In any case, my wife has said can she visit the UK on a tourist visa ( my kids will also be coming, they have British passports) Does it effect the spouse visa application?

Let's say she comes here in 1st April and stays until may 31st.

If I'm applying for her visa June the 6th is that ok?

There is a rule I think where you cannot be on the UK whilst the visa has been applied for?

Can someone confirm to that she is ok to come without causing issues on her visa?

She is from Japan by the way

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Visiting the UK on a spouse visa

Post by Korekt » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:16 am

Questions may be asked by the immigration officer such as if your wife has family members in the UK etc.

However, if admitted and based on the dates you've given, it shouldn't affect the spouse visa application.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Re: Visiting the UK on a spouse visa

Post by UKJPN » Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:06 pm

Thank you for your help