ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP to IRP is it possible?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Marcopasha
Newly Registered
Turkey

BRP to IRP is it possible?

Post by Marcopasha » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:42 pm

Hi all.
As my first questions hope I can get some answers from experienced members and admins.

As a BRP holder from my UK based LTD company with Turkish Business Person Visa (https://www.gov.uk/turkish-business-person). Is it possible to get IRP card in Ireland as well. The reason I am asking is I need a bank account in Ireland for my Ireland based customers and for a bank account as far as I know I need PPS number and for a PPS number they asking for IRP card. So kind of a chicken-egg story :)
I appreciate for your advices regarding the matter.
Thanks a lot.

meself2
Ireland

Re: BRP to IRP is it possible?

Post by meself2 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:52 pm

To get an IRP, you need a visa to be in Ireland and plan to live there for more than 90 days. Ireland and UK have their own immigration laws, so you can't just exchange these two between each other, you'd need a reason.
There is a Turkish Permission, but seems like you have to legally work in Ireland for a year before you can avail of it, and seems you don't plan to reside there at all, that's clearly not for you.
Maybe ask your bank if they can open an account to accept payments in Euro if that's your concern?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:33 pm

You shouldn’t need an Irish bank account for your Irish customers, that doesn’t really make sense. You can use any bank account in SEPA zone for accepting payments from EU customers. You can easily get an account using Revolut or N26. Or use Transferwise to open a bank account.

To open an Irish bank account you need to have a residence address in Ireland, have Irish PPS and have a job. And no you can’t get IRP because you have BRP.

It’s like asking to be American citizen just to have an American bank account.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:11 pm

If all you want is an Irish bank account, there are tons of banks out there that provide EU wide SEPA accounts to UK customers. There are thousands of small-to-medium businesses that operate in both countries whilst operating from only one of the two countries.

Marcopasha
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Marcopasha » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:00 am

Marcopasha wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:42 pm
Hi all.
As my first questions hope I can get some answers from experienced members and admins.

As a BRP holder from my UK based LTD company with Turkish Business Person Visa (https://www.gov.uk/turkish-business-person). Is it possible to get IRP card in Ireland as well. The reason I am asking is I need a bank account in Ireland for my Ireland based customers and for a bank account as far as I know I need PPS number and for a PPS number they asking for IRP card. So kind of a chicken-egg story :)
I appreciate for your advices regarding the matter.
Thanks a lot.
Please dont give advice about having bank accounts from other countries or other apps like revolut etc. Some customers wants you to be local thats what i cant judge. If you know the solution if there is a way to have permission to work and have residency card please advice about that :)

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:51 am

The only 2 ways of allowing you to work in the UK while having an IRP Card are:
1. the IIP Scheme,
2. if you declare yourself a frontier worker (I.e. you work in one country but live in the other)