ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

British Citizenship

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:08 pm

Hi

I have little long question so apologies in advance. Hope you are all well and keeping Safe.

I came in UK in June 2011 as student. When my student visa expired I applied for extension and I got refusal with right of appeal. I submitted appeal against decision but got refusal from tribunal as well. I went to upper tribunal but unfortunately I got refusal from upper tribunal as well and I was given 28 days after refusal from upper tribunal. During those 28 days I applied for asylum. I was called for screening interview and after interview I was detained for one day. I was let go after one day and I was told I will receive decision letter from home office. I received a decision later after week that my asylum application has been refused and I have right of appeal. I submitted appeal to tribunal and challenged home office decision.
I won appeal and I was granted leave to remain as refugee.
My biometric say refugee and expires on 4 April 2023.
Now my question is when my biometric expires can I apply for British Citizenship? If so on what basis?
If not what I have to do to apply for British Citizenship ?
I am not sure I have to apply for ILR before citizenship if so what form I have to use plus is there fee I have to pay?
Do I need life in UK test as well?

Thanks in advance for reading and replying.

secret.simon

Re: British Citizenship

Post by secret.simon » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:23 pm

Junaidbinyasin wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:08 pm
I am not sure I have to apply for ILR before citizenship
You do. After you are given ILR, you will need to wait for one year before being able to apply for British citizenship.
Junaidbinyasin wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:08 pm
Do I need life in UK test as well?
Not sure if you need it for ILR, but you will definitely need it and a B1 English language test for British citizenship.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.