ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI renewal

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nav1986
Newly Registered
India

OCI renewal

Post by nav1986 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:49 pm

Hi guys

I am renewing my son's(5 year old) British passport. He has already got this OCI card when he was a baby. Do I need to renew his OCi as well? Or just update the OCI system with new photo?

Please advise

Thanks

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: OCI renewal

Post by dontringthebell » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:14 pm

nav1986 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:49 pm
Hi guys

I am renewing my son's(5 year old) British passport. He has already got this OCI card when he was a baby. Do I need to renew his OCi as well? Or just update the OCI system with new photo?

Please advise

Thanks
No new booklet is issued. You only need to update details on OCI website.

other-countries/oci-renewal-for-5-year-old-t317330.html
other-countries/oci-status-t320937.html
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

antfer
Newly Registered

Post by antfer » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:41 am

I have updated my 6 year son's OCI last week on the OCI website. I uploaded his photo, his signature and then his new renewed British Passport (at age 5). I have received acknowledgement on email.

- From the forum, I learn that we don't get a new OCI booklet. How will I know that he is OK to travel to India?

- I see that the process can potentially take a couple of months. What if we have to travel at short notice? Does my son have to apply for emergency visa for India? Or can he travel on his current OCI with the acknowledgement email and screenshot of the of OCI status page?

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:21 pm

antfer wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:41 am
I have updated my 6 year son's OCI last week on the OCI website. I uploaded his photo, his signature and then his new renewed British Passport (at age 5). I have received acknowledgement on email.

- From the forum, I learn that we don't get a new OCI booklet. How will I know that he is OK to travel to India? Yes

- I see that the process can potentially take a couple of months. What if we have to travel at short notice? Does my son have to apply for emergency visa for India? Or can he travel on his current OCI with the acknowledgement email and screenshot of the of OCI status page? Carry the email with you. May carry the screenshot as well.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI