ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refund IHS fees

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lazyyy
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Refund IHS fees

Post by lazyyy » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:57 am

Dear Immigration Board experts,
You have helped me immensely throughout my visa extension and ILR application process. Without your guidance and support, I would not have been able to complete the process so smoothly. So thanks a ton for that.

I have one more query:
My dependents extended their Skilled Worker visa in October 2021 for a period of 3 years. Obviously they paid the necessary IHS surcharge covering the period of 3 years.

They completed 5 years on the Skilled visa in December 2021, after which they applied for ILR which they received in January 2022.

I wanted to know whether it is possible to ask the Home Office for a refund (even partial) of my IHS surcharge since only 4 months were spent on the Skilled Worker visa?

Thanks a lot again.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Refund IHS fees

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:19 am

lazyyy wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:57 am
Dear Immigration Board experts,
You have helped me immensely throughout my visa extension and ILR application process. Without your guidance and support, I would not have been able to complete the process so smoothly. So thanks a ton for that.

I have one more query:
My dependents extended their Skilled Worker visa in October 2021 for a period of 3 years. Obviously they paid the necessary IHS surcharge covering the period of 3 years.

They completed 5 years on the Skilled visa in December 2021, after which they applied for ILR which they received in January 2022.

I wanted to know whether it is possible to ask the Home Office for a refund (even partial) of my IHS surcharge since only 4 months were spent on the Skilled Worker visa?

Thanks a lot again.
Have a read

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds

vinny

Re: Refund IHS fees

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:30 am

There was a policy change to prevent such refunds.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.