ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application in progress - changing jobs

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marooned
Newly Registered

Citizenship application in progress - changing jobs

Post by marooned » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:50 pm

hello

I currently have a citizenship application in progress (they've only had it for about three weeks so I don't expect to hear anything well into next year) - I have no reason to believe I'll be rejected (it's the '3 years based on marriage' application).

however, my employer has just gone into administration [thanks, credit crunch!] - and all staff are being laid off, including me.

said employer is the one I stated on the application form of course.

is this something I should notify the home office of?

thanks in advance.

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:36 pm

Being in employment is not a pre-requisite while applying for citizenship. Hence you are not bound to inform UKBA about your lay-off, on the contrary informing UKBA should not have any adverse impact on your application either.

marooned
Newly Registered

Post by marooned » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:46 pm

dnicky wrote:Being in employment is not a pre-requisite while applying for citizenship. Hence you are not bound to inform UKBA about your lay-off, on the contrary informing UKBA should not have any adverse impact on your application either.
cheers for the speedy reply! I'll probably leave it. they can check with the tax office and see that I paid lots of tax while I was in employment I'm sure. I'm going freelance for the time being anyway.