ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Pre Settled Status for Brother or EEA Family Permit - Overseas

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

creativityyinka100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EU Pre Settled Status for Brother or EEA Family Permit - Overseas

Post by creativityyinka100 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:22 am

Hi All,

My Brother is in Africa and has serious mental issues since 2005. The nearest Psychiatric Hospital to our Father's house is 4.5 hours by road if there's no traffic and could be more during busy periods.
No one looks after him, his symptoms persists, father passed on and Mum is in her early 80s. She has no capacity to help him. Others stigmatise against him and I'm the only one that cares for him and want him to leave with me in the UK.

I was previously an EEA residence card, Permanent residence cards holder and Naturalised to British Citizen. Originally from Africa as well. I qualified as my Step Sister is an EU citizen and i qualified as a dependant extended family member. Can I bring him in under EU law instead of relying on UK law as I can't afford adult dependant relative visa. I'm working and in employment but visa fees is outrageous.

I also have psychosis and was diagnosed in the UK but live normal life. I have access to quality healthcare unlike my Brother who is in a very terrible situation. Been living in UK for over 12 years. I'm relying on this. Please see below:

https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/co ... members-uk

Please help me so I can help my Brother.

Thank you.

creativityyinka100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: EU Pre Settled Status for Brother or EEA Family Permit - Overseas

Post by creativityyinka100 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:35 am

My Step - sister didn't naturalise to become a British Citizen as she's Irish.

Kind regards.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:40 am

The EEA route for extended family members-EFMs-(anybody other than the spouse, children or dependent parents of EEA citizens or their spouses) closed on 31st December 2020.

Those EFMs already in the UK can extend their stay under the EUSS. But there is no ability to start a journey under the EUSS for extended family members.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

creativityyinka100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by creativityyinka100 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:16 am

Thanks for your response.

Can't I make an application under compelling and exceptional circumstances. I've had a couple of relapses and I have medical letters to prove this. I am severe mental impairment.

Kind regards

creativityyinka100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by creativityyinka100 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:19 am

Thanks for your response.

Can't I make an application under compelling and exceptional circumstances. I've had a couple of relapses and I have medical letters to prove this. I am severe mental impairment.

Moreover, I've had these rights - Non EEA 5 Yr Residence and Permanent Residence Cards. I later naturalised as British in 2019.

Kind regards