ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Initial Application query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sweets480
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Initial Application query

Post by sweets480 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:51 am

Hello All,

First I would like to appreciate everyone on this forum for the wonderful help they are providing to immigration aspirants like us! This is a great forum and I am glad that ?I came across this purely by accident.

My husband has recently finished his PhD and has submitted his application for PSW in October. He is interested in teaching and has been accepted by a school in London to undergo paid Graduate Teacher Training Programme, for which he receives 18000GBP pa as salary (part of it comes from EBITT providers and part from the school). He wants to apply for Tier 1 General as soon as possible, as PSW does not count towards settlement.

He calculated his points online and found that he has to earn 20000GBP pa for him to qualify with 95 points. Since he is already earning 18000, will he be eligilbe to apply for Tier 1 General if he works part-time/ takes private tuitions and earns the balance 2000GBP before October next year?

Please suggest what would be the best way to go from here.

Many thanks!